Absolute Magic by Derren Brown

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Absolute Magic by Derren Brown

Postby Guest » December 16th, 2002, 1:14 pm

I know this is probably a real long shot, but if anyone has a copy of Absolute Magic by Derren Brown and is interested in selling it, please contact me. You can email me at gregorywttn@yahoo.com

Re: Absolute Magic by Derren Brown

Postby Guest » December 18th, 2002, 3:42 pm

You can actually order it directly from Derren's website (derrenbrown.co.uk-- I think), Look it up on a search engine anyway. You'll have to answer a simple question to get access to the magicians only section. It's a pretty neat read. There's a lot to chew on even if you don't agree with everything in it (and why should you?) The chapter on pickpocketing is really very interesting. Be warned though this is not book of magic tricks but a book on performance theory to make your magic stronger.
Jer.

Postby Guest » December 18th, 2002, 9:13 pm

i'm sorry to say but derren's run out of copies of the book, according to his website http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk

i'll probably be selling my copy on ebay eventually if you are interested.

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2002, 8:44 pm

Ditto here. Nt quite finished reading it thoug have had it for months; it's exciting so I taste it just a bit at a time. I was so enthralled with one particular paragraph that I wanted to present some lines from it on the Forum--with full credit--to elicit responses from all. Iasked Derren's permission, but, he never responded. Now, however, I think it would just look like a commercial gambit on my part,meant to beef up interest and price in it.
Marty Kaplan

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2002, 5:31 am

Yes, I realized that Derren had sold out of the book. My mistake, I simply waited to long to order the book from him. Having read and reread, many times, his Pure Effect, I was mostly interested in reading Absolute Magic for more of his theory. Anyway, if there is anyone out there wanting to directly sell the book, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll keep my eye on ebay.
PS, I just finished watching Derren's video Devil's Playthings. What a wonderful video. Many excellent effects. The information on, what I guess I would call "psychological direction" is worth the price, many times over.

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2002, 7:37 pm

Cliff,
Triedto contact you at greagory at whiteworks butit was returned. If you are still interested in Brown contact John--no, much easier if you contact me instead at mjkaplan@steuber.com
Marty Kaplan

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”