Magic Collecting Article on forbes.com

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Magic Collecting Article on forbes.com

Postby Guest » May 4th, 2006, 4:05 pm

A small article on magic collecting was just posted on the Forbes.com website with Martinka getting a mention.

Here's the link:
Presto: Your Own Collection

Ted

:genii:

Re: Magic Collecting Article on forbes.com

Postby Guest » May 4th, 2006, 4:50 pm

Short article, but interest in magic collecting is not obviously confined to mostly "older" magic as modern pieces from certain reputable names have seen quite a demand from collectors, hence a nice appreciation in value for their owners. These include Richard Gerlitz, Alan Warner, and Eddy Taytelbaum.

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » May 4th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Boy! I collected a lot of Houdini in my day, but I don't have a single paper amphora. It must be very hard to attach a handle to, to say the least. :o
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Postby Guest » May 4th, 2006, 8:42 pm

I can just see it now "Hey! Did you get a load of the amphoras on that piece of paper?"

Postby Guest » May 5th, 2006, 12:34 am

Ted,

Thanks for the link. Nice to see a plug for magic, albeit, sadly (though understandably) rather investment oriented. The amphora bit was a hoot, yet a deliciously suitable typo since, as containers for liquids, paper amphora must surely be ephemeral in nature....

Clay

Postby Guest » May 5th, 2006, 9:56 am

The author, Finn-Olaf Jones (grandson of Carl Jones) told me that he had written more, but the article was edited down.

Being a business pub, I don't think Forbes would have gone for it without the investment angle.

My quote wasn't exact but close. I'd guess amphora was a slip of a spell checker, but you might want to give the next Swann catalog an extra look just in case :)

Ted

:genii:

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”