Encore Magic

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Encore Magic

Postby Guest » July 16th, 2002, 1:23 pm

I hope that this question doesn't display my extreme ignorance (which I usually do my utmost to conceal) but can anyone supply information, or a lead to information concerning, Encore Magic Co. I have a piece of their apparatus but know nothing about them - except that the thing I have is built like a tank. Quality apparatus always makes me curious.

I was out of magic for a number of years and I suspect that Encore came and went while I was gone.

Any information that's out there would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete Biro

Re: Encore Magic

Postby Pete Biro » July 22nd, 2002, 11:11 am

Encore is Chris Reeseman, who visits here. He owns the rights, jigs, patterns, etc. to the Rings N Things line of magic. Always known for high quality.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » July 22nd, 2002, 11:16 am

Pete,

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks.

Postby Guest » July 23rd, 2002, 7:24 pm

For those of you "not in the know" in addition to P.B.'s reply Encore Magic can be contacted at creesman@yahoo.com .
Not only does he have the Rings and Things rights but also Berland and Chicago magic stuff. Not only effects but also wonderful notebooks filled with serious magic history.
He's a great, friendly guy who is honest AND ethical and runs the shop like the days of yor, "come in, have a cuppa coffee and feel free to stay and chat." As one of Charlie Romig's "boys" he learned from the best how it should be done. If in the area <Michigan> drop in AND look for a future post soon concerning an "under-contruction" web site that will feature his fine work.
After seeing his craftsmanship.......my balls will only go in Chris' cups!

P.S. ok Chris do I get my very own stool now?

Postby Guest » July 24th, 2002, 2:41 pm

Thank you Pete and Keven for the kind words.

Out of curosity what was the prop that you aquired?

Keven have name plate on stool. I think he is trying for an engraved coffee mug next.

Christopher A Reesman
Encore Magic

Postby Guest » July 24th, 2002, 4:09 pm

Chris,

It was not they, but in fact I, who acquired the object in question. A handkerchief vanishing wand (of the old school) to be specific.

Upon receipt of the apparatus, I found it to be manufactured of nickel-coated armor plate, with components assembled more precisely than most formula-one racing engines.

From the size and heft of the thing I would guess that it took the greater part of a salvaged battleship to build it. Never have I known anything so hollow to be so heavy and, I must say, every bit as suitable for battering a "grabber' at the close-up table as it is for making silks disappear on stage. This is a good thing; multi-purpose props are useful.

I am indeed glad to know that you (and a few others, of course) are still making things the way they should be made.

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2002, 6:00 am

Mr Owens
Thank you for the very kind words. Yes in fact there are still several of us that belive in quality. Mr. rieser & Mr. Lassen to name a few. Sorry for taking so long to reply to your post but things have been very busy. I am working on several new items that will be appearing on a new web sight and making several things for other magical creators.

The wands are all made out of brass, polished, plated then painted. Each of the wands vanishing silk wand, Don Boss coin wand, Jay Malbarou multipal coin wand, RnT vanishing /reappearing wand, metal tips that fit the Fantasio vanishing wand, appearing flower wand,and my newest egg wand are all made to look exactly alike. This allows a magician that uses a wand the ability to switch wands for different routiens without notice that they have in fact been using different wands. In my opinion this removes the heat from the prop and puts the magic back in the magician.

Once again thank you for the kind words and I wish you many years of enjoyment with your wand.

Reesman
Encore Magic

Postby Guest » September 9th, 2002, 8:34 am

Just a note our web page is up and we are curently working on the product sections.

Each month we will also feature a Sam Berland routien.

Our web sight will only feature items that we manufacture.

www.encoremagic.net

Reesman

Postby Guest » September 9th, 2002, 8:45 am

Chris,

Glad to know that the site is avaialble. Thanks for the advice.

John

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”