Al Wheatley a.k.a Chop Chop

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Mike Rose

Al Wheatley a.k.a Chop Chop

Postby Mike Rose » September 10th, 2002, 6:50 pm

I am researching and writing a book on the life of magician Al Wheatley (he performed as "Tung Pin Soo" and "Chop Chop" and is most know for his invention of the Chop Cup). Although Wheatley died in 1964, I have been fortunate enough to find some people that knew him and saw him perform. I am would appreciate any information, especially eyewitness accounts, that anyone would be willing to share. I have been researching for about 10 months, and although I have uncovered much, I wish to be as thorough as possible. All contributors will be acknowledged in the book when it is published.

Thank you,

Mike Rose

opie

Re: Al Wheatley a.k.a Chop Chop

Postby opie » September 11th, 2002, 4:47 am

The IBM Ring in Hawaii may have some information about Al....I was a member there back in the 70s and Al's wife was also a member.....

I would check with Jimmy Yoshida, or look up the guys who run the Hawaii ring. Somebody over there should have extensive material on Al, since I am sure his wife preserved as much material as possible....

opie

Mike Rose

Postby Mike Rose » September 11th, 2002, 8:26 am

opie

Thanks for the tip regarding the IBM Ring in Hawaii, I will follow it up. I would also like to get in touch with Jimmy Yoshida, does anyone have contact information for him?

Thanks, and keep the Wheatley tips coming!

Mike

opie

Postby opie » September 11th, 2002, 12:22 pm

Here is the e mail of Hawaii's Territorial VP:

monty@montysmagic.com

Hope that will take care of it....

opie

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”