Houdini's where abouts?

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Houdini's where abouts?

Postby Guest » May 3rd, 2007, 4:58 am

Is there a comprehensive list of Houdini active touring days? I thought I saw one somewhere. Kevin, can you help me in researching where he was in our area, and when? I picked up a bunch of old weekly local papers going back to the 1900's, and before I trow them away I want to stiff through to see if Houdini was around, and recieved local press.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Re: Houdini's where abouts?

Postby Leonard Hevia » May 3rd, 2007, 6:47 am

Hi Max-- The Houdini Illustrated Diary can help you with this. I don't have the author's name right now but I have all six books (It's a set of six paperbacks 8 and a half by 11). You might still be able to find it from H&R books in Humble, Texas.

The pages are layed out in charts in chronological order. You can flip through--say--November 1915 to find out where Houdini was at this time. As you might imagine-there are a number of blank pages.

The author has invited anyone to help fill them in. I personally discovered one or two more entries to add, but haven't informed the author yet.

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » May 3rd, 2007, 7:06 am

Max - Leonard,

The author's name is Framk Koval. I think I heard that Mr. Koval handed the baton over to someone else on this project. There may even be a new book published with new information.

Also, there's a site online that covers Houdini in the NY Times. This may fill in some gaps. The link is below.

Houdini In The NY Times <----

Good Luck,
Kevin
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » May 3rd, 2007, 9:14 am

Thanks Kevin. Im at work and didn't have Koval's name handy. I look forward to the book. :)

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”