Football Coach Lou Holtz does magic

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Pete Biro

Football Coach Lou Holtz does magic

Postby Pete Biro » October 5th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Stay tooned.

Re: Football Coach Lou Holtz does magic

Postby Guest » October 5th, 2007, 7:29 pm

I thought I was seeing things when I saw Lou Holtz do this on ESPN tonight during the game. :eek:

Postby Guest » October 5th, 2007, 8:53 pm

He's done this a number of times on TV. When he was coach of Notre Dame and the team was going through a rough spot, the press was on him. During his press conference, he did the T&R newspaper with a comedy slant: saying how he was tempted to rip up the reporters' newspaper articles (he tore the paper) but realized this was not nice--and then he restored it. Lots of laughs from the reporters.

Lou learned this directly from his buddy, Gene Anderson.

Arnie

George Olson

Postby George Olson » October 6th, 2007, 8:07 am

When he was coach of Arkansas, he spoke to a meeting I attended in Acapulco. I must admit it was probably the funniest and most inspiring 59 minutes of my life (which he thanked us for giving him our time.). He did Professors Nightmare, cut and restored rope complete with "whoffle Dust," Anderson paper tear, and a couple of others. He was the talk of the convention and I still remember some of his lines today. If you ever get the opportunity drop everything and go see him. I had a video copy of the speech but loaned it out never to see it again.

Much fun,

GO

Return to “General”