Edwin Dawes

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Edwin Dawes

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2007, 6:01 am

I'd like to get in touch with Edwin Dawes and wondered whether anyone would be kind enough to forward me his contact details. An e-mail address or phone number would be ideal.

Many thanks

Re: Edwin Dawes

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2007, 11:12 am

Richard:

If you write to Dr. Dawes in care of The Magic Circle in London, he will get the letter. He's up to his ears in projects, but is usually very good about responding to correspondence.

Clay

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Thanks Clay - and thanks also to those who e-mailed me.

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2007, 3:01 pm

I've been missing his "Rich Cabinet" features from Genii. Were they reprints from another publication? Sometimes they had older copyright dates on them.

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Bill:

The columns in Genii were originally published in The Magic Circular. If memory serves, though, as Eddie's old columns have been republished in Genii, Eddie has updated them, corrected mistakes, added (then) missing information, etc. All in all, it's a wonderful thing that Eddie and RK have teamed up, because, until Genii started publishing Eddie's columns, one couldn't read the columns unless one was a member of The Magic Circle (which entitled the member to The Magic Circular).

Thankfully, a CD-ROM was issued a while back which contains all of Eddie's columns, with text searchable features, etc. A real bargain.

Here are a couple of links you might want to read about the CD-ROM:

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 517#000001

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 493#000000

Hope this helps, Bill!

Clay

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Eddie Dawes is one of our great treaures. He is a scholar who writes well and a writer who does first class scholarship.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”