Bizarre Magic

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Bizarre Magic

Postby Guest » June 19th, 2002, 1:26 am

I'm into performing Bizarre Magick, I'm looking for any history on the subject,any books past, p
present, or future on the subject , and any tips on presentation that anyone would be kind
enough to share with me

Re: Bizarre Magic

Postby Guest » June 19th, 2002, 6:25 am

The Complete Invocation, Vloumes 1, 2 & 3 would be a good start for you.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.MINDGUY.com

Postby Guest » June 19th, 2002, 3:40 pm

The Compleat Invocation is by far my favorite book. You might also try Strange Ceremonies and Spirit Theater both by Eugene Burger, and Mind Myth and Magick by T.A. Waters are all very good books.

John Smetana

Postby John Smetana » July 13th, 2002, 5:27 pm

I would also recommend anything by Doc Shiels and Charles Cameron. Christian Chelman's Capricornian Tales also has great stuff in it. Gene Poinc's The Practioner-Journeys Into Grey is full of really good solid material.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana

Raj Madhok

Postby Raj Madhok » July 13th, 2002, 8:53 pm

I must put in a plug for my good friend Mary Tomich and her Thaumysta company. Mary has been quietly publishing the Altar Flame on a quarterly basis with legendary contributors such as Shiels, Burger, McBride, Goldstein, Chelman, Poinc, and Brother Shadow. The AF took the place of Invocation for those truly interested in bizarre magic. She is also the publisher of Gene Poinc's "The Practitioner" and plans to have volume 2 out soon. Enter through her Museum of Cursed Antiquities to view many other props and publications.

http://www.thaumysta.com/

Sad to say Mary is now producing the final issue of the Altar Flame (with contributions from Chelman, Poinc, and Goldstein, amongst others) thus completing Volume 10 and ending the publication. A full run will be a collector's item soon.

Raj Madhok

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2007, 3:23 pm

I have used my Lota Pot I got from Mary Tomich in every Environmental Magic Show I have done for the last 4 years and I used it to open the 11 school shows I did last week for South Tyneside International Magic Week.

The Shamans Vision routine she supplied fits right in with my water conservation segment of the show.
I always dreaded some catastrophe where I broke the pot as I only had the one!

I had asked Mary if she had considered getting them remade and she hadnt.

Last year I met a potter and showed him it he agreed to make me a replacement

Then I saw the routine for it in Christian Chelmans new book Hauntiques
I asked him if I had more pots made would he allow me to include his routine with it he agreed
Mary has also allowed me to include my version of her routine

They are small (8.5 to 11.5cm tall pots) and fit beautifully in your hand, each one is different and therefore unique

They are 55 delivered to UK and 65 delivered elsewhere

If it something that appeals to you then contact me off-list and I will email you photos

Thanks

Martin

martinduffy@magic99.freeserve.co.uk

2 Avenue Head Farm Cottages
Seaton Delaval
Whitley Bay
Tyne & Wear
NE25 0AQ
ENGLAND

00 44 191 237 6240

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”