100 Years of Magic Posters

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Edwin Corrie

100 Years of Magic Posters

Postby Edwin Corrie » November 11th, 2004, 7:14 am

What happened to the thread about foreign editions of this and other books that was started a couple of days ago? It seems to have disappeared.

Kevin Connolly

Re: 100 Years of Magic Posters

Postby Kevin Connolly » November 11th, 2004, 2:44 pm

The person who started the thread could have possibly deleted it. If you start the thread, you have the option to delete the whole thread. Capish? ;)
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

magicam

Postby magicam » November 11th, 2004, 5:15 pm

Edwin: I did delete the post and have asked the moderators to forward my reason to you by e-mail (alas, can't contact you directly since your e-mail address is not available on GF). Clay

Barajista

Postby Barajista » November 11th, 2004, 5:38 pm

As a reader of the deleted thread, I can't help but be curious as to why it was deleted. I found it an interesting topic!

magicam

Postby magicam » November 11th, 2004, 6:05 pm

I thought it was a fun thread as well. Sorry to be so mysterious, but I replied privately to Edwin because I did not want to invite a potentially negative series of posts re this deleted thread. Basically, two GF readers wrote to me and objected to my use of the term foreign books, inferring that I was somehow looking down on foreigners. Im really at a loss to understand this interpretation, because (IMHO) my post, if anything, demonstrated my genuine interest in magic titles published in other languages. I would think that making such a post would indicate respect for such titles, not a lack of respect. Be that as it may, to avoid discussions in GF on what is politically correct, etc., I just pulled the plug. So there you have it, and hopefully now Oliver Stone will have nothing to make a movie about Clay

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 11th, 2004, 6:21 pm

I didn't delete it.
Dustin, did you kill it?
If not, who started the thread?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 11th, 2004, 6:26 pm

No, Clay deleted it himself for the reasons he stated above. In fact, I'm locking this thread now, since it's done.

Dustin

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”