Edwin Hoadley

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Edwin Hoadley

Postby Guest » August 26th, 2006, 12:37 pm

Does anyone have any information concerning Edwin Hoadley, Karl Seagren, or Ines Blackstone Kitchen? In looking through the ephemera from an estate I received I have been fascinated by Mr. Hoadley who was an Order of Merlin Excalibur member of the IBM, and lived to be 100 years old. Karl Seagren was an acolyte of Mr. Hoadley's and lived in Tennessee at one time. He would be in his 50's now. Ines Blackstone Kitchen was Harry Blackstone Sr's first wife and corresponded with Karl Seagren at one point. Harry Blackstone also signed a playing card made out to the students at the Mass. College of Art where Mr. Hoadley was a Professor for 30 years. I know that Harry Blackstone Sr. drew some fine caricatures with some of his autographs. Did he ever study art. Based on the ephemera he appeared to know Mr. Hoadley and I was wondering if that was as a teacher, magician, or both.

Re: Edwin Hoadley

Postby Guest » August 26th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Edwin Hoadley, b. 21 Jun 1885, d. Jan 1986 in Florida zip code 32018 (Daytona Beach)

Postby Guest » August 26th, 2006, 9:35 pm

Thank you Bill. Do you have any other information or know of someone who does?

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2006, 8:15 am

No. I suppose you could write to the reference desk at the Daytona Public library, and see if they could supply you with an obituary.

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2006, 9:50 pm

Thank you very much for your help Bill. Craig

Postby Guest » September 4th, 2006, 11:41 pm

Inez, would later marry Robert Kitchen, the brother of mindreader, Rajah Raboid,(aka Maurice Kitchen).
Robert both performed by himself and also worked with his brother...with Inez working too.
Robert died, with his occupation listed as "Electrician", and Inez died some years later.
I talked to the volunteer who worked the "Meds on wheels" program, who remembered Inez fondly.
I believe her grave marker, (but not her remains) are in the Colon, Michigan cemetary with Blackstone.

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Thank you Diego. I have heard of Rajah Raboid and had no idea that his last name was Kitchen or that he was the mentalist that Ines had spoken of. She does not mention he husband Robert by name. There were two letters and two clippings in the estate. One was dated 1971, I believe, and the other was 1972. Again I thank you for the additional information. Craig

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Originally posted by wingwatcher:
In looking through the ephemera from an estate I received I have been fascinated by Mr. Hoadley who was an Order of Merlin Excalibur member of the IBM, and lived to be 100 years old.
I'm sure the I.B.M. have someone on staff who could supply you some information. Do they not have an official historian? (If not they should.)

Gord

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”