The Art of Deception is Available Again

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

The Art of Deception is Available Again

Postby Guest » November 26th, 2004, 8:35 am

In 1997, I published The Art of Deception The Affinity between Conjuring and Art. The 407-page, hardbound book was a limited edition of 500 signed and numbered copies. It quickly went out of print. The book has never been reprinted, and probably never will be, because the production costs would be too great. Many people still ask for the book so I developed an electronic version of the book.

The Art of Deception originally sold for $110.00. Now you can have the e-book for a fraction of the original price only $30.00 postpaid anywhere in the USA (e-mail me for other postage rates). As a BONUS, an errata page and 5-page addendum is also included in this e-book version that works on MAC or PC.

The book contains hundreds of illustrations, with many of them in full color. It is a tribute to the men and women artists who have played a vital role in the world of magic. Past and present illustrators, early images of the conjuror, the magic of lithography, conjurings comic book connection, catalog illustrators, magics influence on the fine arts, and much more are represented in this glorious tome.

This book is a class act. Get yours immediately or hate yourself forever.
Mike Close MAGIC magazine. July 1997.

To order your copies send $30.00 (personal check or money order) to:
CHUCK ROMANO
535 SUMAC DR
AURORA, IL 60506
E-mail: ChuckRomanoMagic@aol.com

Michael Edwards

Re: The Art of Deception is Available Again

Postby Michael Edwards » November 26th, 2004, 8:51 am

Chuck:

Is it possible for those of us who purchased the original hardcover version to get the errata page?

Michael

magicam

Postby magicam » November 29th, 2004, 1:27 pm

I second Michael's request, Chuck! (I purchased for the deluxe and trade issues of your book). Glad you put the book out on CD. Is it text searchable? Clay Shevlin

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2004, 4:52 pm

Hi Clay,

I'll send you a copy via e-mail. I'd be happy to send the errata and addendum via e-mail to anyone who bought the book when it first came out.

Best Regards,
Chuck

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2004, 4:55 pm

Sorry, I didn't answer the searchable text question. The text is not searchable, but the complete index is included on the CD.

magicam

Postby magicam » December 2nd, 2004, 12:45 pm

Chuck: many thanks for the supplement received by e-mail. A very nice gesture to purchasers of your book! Clay

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”