NPR Feature

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

NPR Feature

Postby Guest » January 17th, 2002, 7:00 am

OK, I know it's fairly self-serving, but I'm wondering if anyone out there heard the feature story on Monday's NPR broadcast of "Marketplace" that featured my partner Karen Beriss. Anyone? :confused:

Curtis Kam

Re: NPR Feature

Postby Curtis Kam » January 17th, 2002, 11:27 am

Yes, I did, and congratulations to both of you. I assume you're Mark Phillips? (At least, that's the name I remember.)

Quite generous of you to give half the credit to magic itself as a marketing vehicle. I loved the qoute from one of your clients saying that "we've done the marketing studies and we know that magic is one of the most effective sales devices, etc."

I hope the story got a lot of play, because this is the sort of marketing all of us need. Did you get a written version of story? I immediately wanted a quote from it to drop into my corporate materials.

Cudos also to "marketplace". One question, though. Have you ever been booked for a trade show by someone who listens to NPR? 'Round these parts, the NPR listening audinece is mainly retired. :)

sleightly

Postby sleightly » January 17th, 2002, 12:40 pm

Heard it, and passed the word along...

Congratulations!

ajp

Postby Guest » January 18th, 2002, 4:09 am

I just listened to it. Very nice.

Postby Guest » January 21st, 2002, 8:47 am

I, of course, have no real interest in this :rolleyes: , but if you wanted to hear the Marketplace piece you can go to their website and click on the features section - from their click on the Breaking the Mold features. The piece is cleverly titled, "Magic Woman."

Curtis, thanks for the nice comments. Around the DC area everyone listens to NPR and Marketplace. Strangely enough, we are so self-centered around here that our local news is national news. You would never even know people lived here and things actually happened that didn't involve the government or business.

Return to “Buzz”