Phoenix Gathering

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Jon Armstrong

Phoenix Gathering

Postby Jon Armstrong » July 17th, 2002, 7:16 pm

I was wondering if anyone here was at the Phoenix Gathering. I was there just a bit ago and even though I felt there was a few bugs I enjoyed myself alot. So I would like to have your thoughts on the convention. What did you like?
What didn't you like at all? Did you meet anyone that made you look at things a bit diffently? i was glad to meet David Parr and even though we didn't see eye to eye on somethings we shared are thoughts in a great forum. So let me know what you think.
Jon
www.cardjon.com

Re: Phoenix Gathering

Postby Guest » July 17th, 2002, 8:42 pm

I had a blast there, too, although I can see where some folks who had been there before may have been right in suggesting that there were too many people this year.

I especially enjoyed getting feedback at the "Works in Progress" session, despite the fact that my lack of sleep made for one of the worst performances I've done in recent times :o)

Of course, it was also a thrill to meet so many new and old friends, including Hiawatha, David Parr, Bro. Shadow, Alain Nu, Francis Menotti, and of course Jon! Mind you, the highlight of my week was getting reacquainted with Howie Schwarzmann, right, Jon? :o)

For me, the highlight was seeing David Parr perform "Dinner With the Borgias" in person; I'd loved it when I read it in his book, and seeing it was great. It's a perfect example of how to take the simplest effect and turn it into a really strong showpiece.

Return to “General”