"Mr Magic" exposure

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

"Mr Magic" exposure

Postby Guest » September 16th, 2007, 12:16 am

On Japanese tv on Saturday "Mr Magic" gratuitously exposed the vanish of an egg in a handkerchief via a thread, several coin moves and the black art production of a goat. His ostenstible purpose was to see if two Masai tribesmen, with their sharp eyesight, could see how the magic was done.

I hope all Japanese readers of this forum complain to the network.

Peter

Re: "Mr Magic" exposure

Postby Guest » September 16th, 2007, 3:17 am

And complaining will only generate more publicity for the piece and guarantee further exposure ...

Have we learnt nothing from Valentino ?

Postby Guest » September 16th, 2007, 6:38 am

Dear Peter :

His name is not "Mr.Magic".His name is "Mr.Maric".
I think he is one of most famous magicians in Japan along with
Tomo Maeda,Akira Fujii,Napoleons,Princess Tenko and Hiro Sakai(a.k.a. "Dr.Leon").

I'm agree with Mr.Craig's opinion. We can easy to complain about exposure,but we are not easy to perform good magic for public.
If I have a time,I want to split more time for practice performing magic. Not for complaining.

Y

P.S.: I almost forget to mention this news. Next Wednesday, Tomo Maeda's new 2 hour TV program will be air in Japan. I think you can enjoy whole program,Mr.Peter.

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2007, 8:21 pm

Here is a link to recent exposures on Japanese television. I have been told that the magician with the blond wig and sunglasses in the first and third segments is Hiro Sakai.

Recent exposures on Japanese TV

Does the Japanese magic community have a different cultural attitude toward exposure than we do? Perhaps that would explain things...

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2007, 11:37 pm

It wasn't that long ago that Shoot Ogawa was featured on a Japanese exposure show. Shortly after, he was acclaimed as some sort of magical "hero." I still can't figure that out. Why persecute Valentino and not Shoot?

Postby Guest » September 18th, 2007, 3:54 am

>>magician with the blond wig and sunglasses
That's latest Hiro Sakai's performance style. Recently,He appeared on TV as a "Dr.Leon".

No, some Japanese magicians did never-ending debate about exposure loooooong time. But this debate is not evidencing a nationwide expantion.
Firstly,I must mantion about personality of Japanese. Almost Japanese not express their own opinion too much. Secondly,I feel lots of Japanese magicians make it a rule not to get involved in this never-ending debate. (In fact,I feel this debate in Japan seems like a kind of "throwing mud at each other".)

Why exposure appeared in so many Japanese TV programs?
Easy. Exposure can get good audience rating. Lots of Japanese magicians acted against these TV stations that aired exposure. Sadly,nothing gonna changed in Japanese TV show. :(

Y

P.S.:
Dear Dave V : I'll sent PM to you.

Postby Guest » September 18th, 2007, 8:00 am

Thank you Y.

I just think it's odd how some people are targeted and some are not. There are other popular "exposers" as well, but I guess if you're popular with the right people, they seem to look the other way.

Return to “Buzz”