Jon Racherbaumer and ebooks

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
CHRIS

Jon Racherbaumer and ebooks

Postby CHRIS » April 26th, 2002, 7:14 am

I heard through the underground that Jon released
an ebook with Lybrary.com :rolleyes:

Chris....

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Jon Racherbaumer and ebooks

Postby Matthew Field » April 26th, 2002, 9:51 am

I heard through the overground that Jon Racherbaumer released an ebook on his website JonRacherbaumer.com for premium subscribers. It's "Back to the Future Classic 2.0" which is an expansion (a la Jon's old "Yod" series) of Marlo and D'Amico's "A Future Classic." 50 pages, lots of photos -- great stuff, including an essay by Jon on the differences between "The General Card," "Everywhere and Nowhere" and "Future Classic."

Highly recommended and another good reason to pay close attention to Jon's site.

Matt Field

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » April 26th, 2002, 10:51 am

This should actually be addressed to Jon, but maybe you can help out Matt. Would it be possible to post the contents of what material (ebooks, ...) the various levels of membership provide?

It would then be easier to make a decision to join or not. In what format are the ebooks served up? Is it HTML pages or PDF files?

One more note, jonracherbaumer.com does not work for Netscape Navigator. The menu on the left doesn't click. I don't know if this is by design only for Internet Explorer or if this is a bug.

Chris.... Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » April 26th, 2002, 8:33 pm

I checked with my son, Ry, the Webmaster of my site. He tells me that JonRacherbaumer.com works only with Netscape 6.0 and above, Opera 5.0 and above, and Internet Explorer 4.0 and above. He also says those upgrades are available FREE on the WEb.

Next week I will have detailed contents of the e-books currently available, plus EXCERPTS for browsers to read. I still plan to post at least 6 e-books for Premium Members each year. The next one will be GOOD TURNS 2.0...

Response so far has been very favorable. For the special interest subscribers, the value has been reciprocal. This of course is a good thing.

Onward...

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » April 26th, 2002, 8:35 pm

Sorry, almost forgot...

I worked with Lybrary.com to make available STICKS & STONES, all 24 issues...which is a pretty good deal and Chris W. did an excellent job reinvigorating that old file from Son of Bat Jr. Please check it out...

Onward...

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » April 27th, 2002, 8:21 am

Further top what Jon said, I use Netscape Navigator At work for accessing all my mail and also for Jon's site, and it works just fine.

Matt Field

Return to “Buzz”