Blaine on ABC

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Blaine on ABC

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2002, 1:20 am

They replayed the "Frozen in Time" show again tonight on ABC. It seemed as though there were a few new effects that were not in the original show. Anyone else notice this?

Dale Shrimpton

Re: Blaine on ABC

Postby Dale Shrimpton » August 13th, 2002, 4:36 am

The video release of frozen, contains quite a lot of stuff not broadcast, some of it, rather good. The card stab for instance was not in, when the show first aired, not here in the u.k anyway.

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » August 13th, 2002, 6:30 am

The version last night was "Blaine's Cut" of the "Frozen in Time" special. If I remember correctly, it originally aired several months after the plain ol'Frozen special was shown. It contained additional magic not seen in the original, as well as some "behind-the-scenes" footage not shown, including some follow-up footage from the hospital after he was taken out.

-Jim

MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Postby MaxNY » August 14th, 2002, 1:26 pm

The way it was explained to me by Bill Kalusch (Blaine's producer) was that they have very little say as to what "takes" are aired during the initial program. The director chooses what he thinks will attract the most viewers. I then asked His Kaluschness if the "Blaine's cut" was put together for award shows... "Not really" his reply. Blaine prefers more magic in his specials, and I believe that any show ending stunt in the future will take up less time during the initial airing.

Return to “Buzz”