October Issue of Genii in the Mail! Let me know when you get it and what you think!

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

October Issue of Genii in the Mail! Let me know when you get it and what you think!

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 17th, 2006, 9:45 am

The October issue of Genii, with John Gaughan on the cover, has been mailed. Some of you should start receiving it soon. Please post as you get it--helps me to know how the post office is doing these days.

Also, we're using a new stock for the wrap which greatly enhances the printing--The Illusionist is on the wrap. Our article features exclusive photos and coverage--let me know what you think.

And there's a KILLER trick using a razor in Magicana. Let me hear from you if you've tried it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Re: October Issue of Genii in the Mail! Let me know when you get it and what you think!

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2006, 11:21 am

Will do Mr. Kaufmann!

Re: October Issue of Genii in the Mail! Let me know when you get it and what you think!

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2006, 11:27 am

It seems to me anyway that NYC gets the issues real fast!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 17th, 2006, 11:52 am

The magazines are printed and mailed in Fulton, Missouri. I'm unaware of any direct pipeline from Fulton to Manhattan.

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2006, 3:32 pm

They have next day air to the Fulton Fish

Market ! Mike

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2006, 4:49 pm

I plan on reading October's issue rather than wrapping fish with it :)

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » September 17th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Not fair, cuz we staffers get faster mail, but the DOUBLE ISSUE IS UNBELIEVABLE... You have outdone yourself Richard!
Stay tooned.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 17th, 2006, 5:35 pm

I forgot to add that we've put a second magazine in your polybag with Genii: a special 32-page FISM supplement with the most complete coverage published anywhere.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 18th, 2006, 2:14 pm

bump.

Carlo Morpurgo

Postby Carlo Morpurgo » September 18th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
The magazines are printed and mailed in Fulton, Missouri.
No Kidding! That explains why I get them so fast...I live in Columbia, 30 miles from Fulton...Anyone closer ?

Carlo

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2006, 10:51 am

Richard - Got mine in the mail today (Louisville, KY). The glossy cover wrap is great improvement! Looking forward to reading...Thanks!

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » September 19th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Got mine today in Northern Virginia!
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » September 19th, 2006, 2:34 pm

And what did you think of it?
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Gordon, Why did you have to say that ;) I have been waiting for my copy. I live in southern IN (5 minutes from Louisville) and have been stressed out about recieving my copy as it has a review of my new DVD in it. When I read you got yours in Louisville I thought for sure I would recieve my copy. Damn another day to wait before judgement comes!
:whack:
Brent Braun

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Received my issue in Seattle today. What a wonderful supplement with some great photos. The wrap stock is a nice improvement. It fooled me at first since you had mentioned that John Gaughan was on the cover and I only saw Ed Norton and James Freedman.

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2006, 5:38 pm

The October issue arrived in Ossining NY today.
Thanks. Looks great!

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » September 19th, 2006, 5:50 pm

Chalk up another issue received in Seattle this afternoon. I guess the fish is fresher at the Pike Place Market. :) Haven't had a chance to dig in yet, but I was happily surprised by the supplemental "issue," and the quality of the new wrap is very nice, as well.

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2006, 6:44 pm

To lazy to go to the post office yesterday. Went today and there it was, one great issue.

Well done.

Dave Shepherd

Postby Dave Shepherd » September 19th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Arrived in Vienna, VA this afternoon.

I'm looking forward to trying that razor-to-matches trick.

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2006, 8:53 pm

Arrived in Ashton, MD today September 19th. This is my first issue as a new subcriber and quite an issue it is! I used to purchase Genii individually from the local magic shop. Being that September 19 is also my 19th wedding anniverary I don't know how much reading I'll get done tonight. :p

C. Springirth

Postby Guest » September 20th, 2006, 4:07 pm

We got our Genii, here in Chicago today. Thank you for beginning back some good memories of FISM in Stockholm. See you in Bejing.

Postby Guest » September 20th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Arrived today, September 20th, in Hobart Indiana ....

Carlo Morpurgo

Postby Carlo Morpurgo » September 20th, 2006, 5:03 pm

I guess I spoke too soon....I am the closest one to Fulton and still did not get it!

Carlo

Postby Guest » September 20th, 2006, 5:43 pm

October Genii arrived on Tuesday Sept 19th in Gainesville, FL.

Postby Guest » September 20th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Arrived today, 9/20, in Atlanta, GA.

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2006, 11:38 am

Arrived today (Thursday the 21st) in Albany, New York. Haven't had time to read it yet, although I guess I DID take a quick look at the cartoon.

--Josh

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2006, 1:47 pm

Received yesterday, excited that I don't have to read Sue Anne Webster's FISM contest reports online. Thanks for the FISM supplement.

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2006, 2:38 pm

Arrived in Irving, Texas today. Have to work tonight . DARN!!

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » September 21st, 2006, 8:27 pm

Got the October issue today. Unfortunately, it seems to have beat the September issue, which still hasn't made it to my door. Seems like there may have been a temporary black hole in my post office when the September issue went out.

-Jim

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2006, 9:20 pm

H & R's shop copies arrived yesterday. FISM supplement and Maven history of FISM update are great, as is the razor trick, plus lots besides. Great issue!

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2006, 11:11 pm

Received mine in Chatsworth, CA today. Going to start reading it now. Who needs sleep???

Postby Guest » September 22nd, 2006, 4:03 am

Recieved mine yesterday! Nice Job.

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » September 22nd, 2006, 6:41 am

Got mine yesterday too. 9/21/06
Everything looks great!
The razor trick should be done backwards so with matches you can lite a candle to see yourself saving.

Postby Guest » September 22nd, 2006, 11:37 am

My Oct copy arrived today...
Richard you were right...no direct pipelines to NYC :)

Happy to have it and I really like the new paper stock for the wrap!

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » September 22nd, 2006, 1:29 pm

The October Genii and FISM suppliment arrived today in Alexandria ... interesting that others in Northern Virginia got it on the 19th.

... Another great issue!
Bill Wells

Postby Guest » September 22nd, 2006, 1:52 pm

Received yesterday (9/21) in Madison, WI.

I'm very glad for the in-depth FISM supplement. I'd seen Sue-Anne Webster's giant list of act descriptions online, but appreciate having them committed to paper, where they are easier to read and more likely to endure. The interview with Eric Eswin left me wondering whether his favoring of Contest over Congress will prove balanced enough to be viable.

Loved Max Maven's continuation of his FISM history; the original 1997 article is one of my all-time favorites. I also very much enjoyed the John Gaughan feature, not least for its tantalizing tidbits on the Hooker Rising Cards. I had to check the OED to see whether the Android Clarinetist was perhaps a modern nickname for van Oeckelen's automaton, but was surprised to learn that "android" was coined in the early 1700s [in contrast to the much later debut of "robot" in Karel Capek's 1921 play].

Frank Dudgeon
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay

Postby Frank Dudgeon » September 22nd, 2006, 3:00 pm

October Genii arrived today in Wichita, Kansas. The new and improved wrap looks very nice. Just had a chance to take a quick look. The article on The Illusionist is quite good - sure hope the DVD has some "deleted scenes" of effects that were cut from the theatrical release.

Can't wait to read the John Gaughan piece. Talk about a master.

Frank Dudgeon

MitchSchneiter

Postby MitchSchneiter » September 22nd, 2006, 3:11 pm

It just arrived at my door in West Linn, Oregon.

Postby Guest » September 22nd, 2006, 3:33 pm

Genii arrived yesterday. I really enjoyed the

article about John Gaughan . It was all I could do

not to drool on the magazine looking at the

pictures of his collection . I never saw so much

Jon Martin stuff. I liked the toothpick trick

as well as the razor trick..........Mike

Tommy Brown

Postby Tommy Brown » September 22nd, 2006, 4:07 pm

Arrived today, Sep. 22 in Chattanooga.
Tommy

Return to “General”