Folding Money Fooling

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
Ian Kendall

Folding Money Fooling

Postby Ian Kendall » June 1st, 2002, 9:14 am

Hello,

I mailed RK about this last year but got no reply, so I'll try again here...

Would there be an interest in a web video of how to fold the Baffling Bill Braid from Robert Neale's book? I fould it easier to figure out the technique for myself than read from the book, but I know it would have been easier with a visual reference.

How would this sit with copyright? Does anyone care? Should I keep this to myself? Does anyone else make the model regularly? What happened to the second book hinted at in the introduction?

I'll shut up now.

Ian

Bill Wheeler

Re: Folding Money Fooling

Postby Bill Wheeler » June 1st, 2002, 11:37 am

Hi Ian--

I always kind of wondered whether or not anyone else managed to learn the baffling bill braid. Congrats! I even e-mailed RK when I managed to make one. I am certain I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I definitely would NOT like to see more people learning how to make this. Pointers and helpful advice is one thing . . . but this goes a bit beyond.

When I spoke to RK about making the Baffling Bill Braid he told me that Robert Neale had completed the manuscript for a second volume...but that there wasn't enough time right now to publish it with all his work on Genii.
Driver: Callaway FT-5
Irons: Titlest AP-1
Wedges: Vokey 52,58,64
Putter: i-series Black #9

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 1st, 2002, 2:13 pm

Folding Money Fooling Two Update:
I have relinquished my rights as publisher of the sequel to Folding Money Fooling Two and perhaps Neale will take it somewhere else. It really was a horrendous amount of work. It really isn't worth it (for me at least) to sell a few thousand books! That said, I enjoyed working with Bob and Earle Oakes on the project, I just wish it wasn't so labor intensive.
You can address your question about the video to Bob Neale directly at: rneale@adelphia.net
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » June 5th, 2002, 2:38 pm

Thanks for the comments. On reflection I doubt I'll bother with filming the fold. Bill's right, exclucivity has it's attractions :)

I'm trying to make a point of thanking the people who have helped me over the years. This usually manifests itself by me walking up to a bemused person at a convention, introducing myself and saying thank you. It tends to throw them a bit, but noone has reacted badly (so far). In the last couple of years I've given them a Braid to go with it, which elicits even more bemused looks and embarrased 'who _is_ this big nosed idiot' glances to their companions. But it makes _me_ feel good.

I learned the fold after reading RK's introduction, and the admission that he could not do it. The first one took an hour, the second two hours...the hardest thing for me is getting clean dollar bills. I tend to go to the money exchange and ask to inspect all the singles they have :)

Anyway, thanks for Dr Neale's address, and I really hope FMF2 get done soon.

Ian

Return to “Kaufman & Company”