Larry Jennings New Book?

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Larry Jennings New Book?

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 14th, 2015, 11:52 am

I won't make 2015 for this book. The hold up, as always, is the photos.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » April 14th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Bad news!

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » April 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm

Im betting on 2025 ;) Do you need a hand model? ;)

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 14th, 2015, 1:11 pm

I will have three new books out this year.

Taking the photos for the Jennings book is problematic for reasons I've stated in the past. It will take me months to get ready for that. It'll happen, just not this year.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » April 14th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:I will have three new books out this year.

Deland, Tenyo and what's the third one?

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » April 14th, 2015, 1:42 pm

Chris Aguilar wrote:
Richard Kaufman wrote:I will have three new books out this year.

Deland, Tenyo and what's the third one?

Richard's going to do a novel in the "Hunger Games" series, where Katniss learns the top change.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 14th, 2015, 2:03 pm

Who's "Katniss"?

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » April 14th, 2015, 2:43 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Who's "Katniss"?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=katniss ;)
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 14th, 2015, 7:17 pm

'twas a joke, Joe. (But not by much!)

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » April 14th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:'twas a joke, Joe. (But not by much!)

I just wanted to use lmgtfy!! :)
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 14th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Damn, that's cool. I wish it would do the drawings for the Larry Jennings book!

Paul Greene
Favorite Magician: Roy Walton

Larry Jennings Takes It Easy leaked as pdf?

Postby Paul Greene » May 27th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Few fellow magicians confirmed that Larry Jenning Takes It Easy book by Richard Kaufman is leaked as pdf.
As I understand there is some email that is talking about that Gary Plants leaked unpublished book by Richard Kaufman, to his close trading/pirate friends and more. Mail is telling that Gary Plants is trading copyrighted material too, like Genii magazine, MAGIC magazine, Karl Fulves books and periodicals, Marlo material, videos and so on....Rumor is that Gary Plants does not like Richard Kaufman because he published Skinner material.
What do you think about this? Looks like that people who are talking all over about ethic, are actually trading pirated material all over around...?

Really sad!

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » May 27th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Interesting first post.
If it was your intention to confuse your identity with that of Paul Green, then you should have gone with Paul Greene.

Thomas Gaudette

Postby Thomas Gaudette » May 27th, 2015, 6:35 pm

The following is from Gary Plants:

Regarding the "Larry Jennings Takes it Easy" gossip
It appears Mr. Greene is hacker to my email account!

This is my response to Richard when he asked me about the Jennings document:

Richard,

My two email accounts were hacked a few months ago, gmail AND comcast. I have all the proof (with emails). It took me FOUR days to gain access to my accounts and when I did, I had two BLACKMAIL emails from the person who hacked my accounts. This person went through all of my emails and downloaded all of the "magic" attachments that were in my emails.

The Jennings manuscript was one of those attachments as well as several other private attachments.

Here are the two blackmail emails in case you doubt what I am telling you.
I have my wife as a witness to what I am telling you.

"I have many rare mss and file like ....................., article on Mr. fulves, and titanic thompson routine, etc....
I think you should share your google drive with me on this address (without deleting anything) and I will keep all the rare mss to myself....
would be shame if all files went to magiccafe.
then i will disappear and will keep everything secret and underground." (FYI email address was g_mark96@yahoo.com)

After I regained my email accounts, I went though and deleted ALL attachments and files on my googledrive. A few days later..............

"Gary.....you disappoint me!
I ask you SHARE Google Drive, not Delete documents!
That was not very kind. And now...you gmail is gone :)
OK, understand this, if all the people who gave you rare and underground manuscripts were generous to YOU...then YOU should be generous and share things you have
So here is my offer...since I only have the screenshot of titles of the 80 docs on google drive that were deleted and the exact sizes, if you send me them I will keep secret the .............................., Gilbreath proof book, etc, and the other 90-100 things I have.

email nik65676567@yahoo.com

I have not passed the Jennings manuscript around the internet.........give me some names of those that I supposedly passed it to.........you won't be able to get them.

I kept the emails (and the paths) because I expected something like this to pop up. If you can help me out with this BLACKMAIL that would be wonderful.
Obviously, it sounds like you are in contact with them!

That is all that I have to say. If you want any more particular information, call me at xxxxxxxx.

I would actually LOVE to get to the bottom of the [censored] who hacked my accounts!!!

Paul Greene
Favorite Magician: Roy Walton

Postby Paul Greene » May 28th, 2015, 4:43 am

Poor Mr Plants.
Non facias malum ut inde fiat bonum!

May I ask what's your IQ level dude?
People are not that stupid. Stop telling old fairly tales.
You're loosing in your stories.

You are crooked as a dog's hind leg!

Baron Münchhausen, that's YOU!

1st - Your account has been compromised, haha. I doubt. Gmark must be your alter ego.
You said it was few months ago, but Jennings book is spreading much longer. IT IS OUT FOR YEARS!
Don't tell that your account was hacked every time you used your email to send .pdf?
Jajajajaaa amigo.

As author, I would never ever send even single line from book to you on proofreading. You are thief, persona non grata!

How that you have all copyrighted material scanned? Why do you need books and magazines in pdf? Because you are pirate dude! Are you torrenting?

2nd - you are very very bad person Gary. How dare you to be that kind to Mr Kaufman when you are telling such a bad things behind his back?
You are bad person. Another example, you are telling bad things about Steve Reynolds and his Zarrow shuffle. Why? Your Zarrow shuffle is terrible. Steve is da man, you are jealous!

3rd - you're using people to get rare and underground material. That's you!
All of you Vernosucker group. Yes indeed. You know what, you'll never get your hands on Tamariz unpublished material. It is on safe with his students. Tamariz and his students know very well what are trying to do all the time. So stop playing games! You wont get his personal files!!!

4th - What's wrong whit that Mr Kaufman published Skinner tape? Why are you telling everywhere that it's perfect example when something get into the wrong hands? Mr Kaufman is that BAD?

5t and the last from me - stop mailing people asking them to delete emails with links of books, magazines and videos you sent. You did it. Jennings book is out there because of you!
Soon or later all of your emails and messages will be posted in public so everyone can judge about your honesty!

Poor Gary!

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » May 28th, 2015, 8:33 am

This blackmailer sounds like an aggressive collector who has been pestering Gary for years to give him rare material. I know some of that history. Gary and this guy traded an old gambling book (with permission from the person who had shared it with Gary). That person then leaked it out when specifically asked not to.

Gary then, as one would do, informed those in his circle that this person could not be trusted. this person approached me for material and I informed him I was not interested as he could not be trusted. He then went on a rant accusing Gary of slandering him etc.

This person then sent out the same request for material to others with a new name and email. The material he was looking for was the same! His syntax seems oddly familiar to that in Mr greene's post.

Sounds like that person got tired of being outside the loop and decided to break in. sounds like he may now be trying to disparage Gary in retalitiaion for the alleged disparagement he thinks he has received.

Paul, Magicians have traded secrets for years. When you don't protect those secrets you get kicked out of the tree house. perhaps had you not shot yourself in the foot by not honoring your word you wouldn't have had to break into his account to get that which you coveted.

(note: this post was made without consulting Gary and from the memory I had of that which was shared with me at the time it occured).
Last edited by Brad Henderson on May 28th, 2015, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan Townsend

Re: Larry Jennings Takes It Easy leaked as pdf?

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 28th, 2015, 8:41 am

Paul Greene wrote:Few fellow magicians confirmed that Larry Jenning Takes It Easy book by Richard Kaufman is leaked as pdf...

I don't understand the point of posting such text. Who is it supposed to help?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Jonathan Townsend

Re: Larry Jennings Takes It Easy leaked as pdf?

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 28th, 2015, 8:52 am

Paul Greene wrote:Few fellow magicians confirmed that X is leaked as pdf.
As I understand there is some email that is talking about that X, to his close trading/pirate friends and more. Mail is telling that X is trading copyrighted material too, like {stuff} ...Rumor is that Z does not like A because he {something}.
What do you think about this? Looks like that people who are talking all over about ethic, are actually {dishing} all over around...?

Really sad!

Have to agree - sad. Like a gossip girl post or that bit from Kids in the Hall where this guy on a barstool dishes gossip.

But folks it really does look more like Vicky Pollard from Little Britain.
Last edited by Jonathan Townsend on May 28th, 2015, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » May 28th, 2015, 8:53 am

Here is the email i received from my number 1 suspect. This was after I told him I had heard from a magician that he was not trustworthy. Interesting the reference to hacking files i think:

"know very well who is that magician and it is nor really good from him/them to spread wrong and bad stories about me. I am collecting magic for years and have many hard to find and private material plus I am trusted person to top magicians all over the world, only few from same circle have something about me wihtout reason. I do not want to tell how many of my rare videos and scanned material sent to them and how many times they wanted to steal private material from my FTP! "

Paul Green

Postby Paul Green » May 28th, 2015, 10:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I want to set the record straight!!! This message is being posted by Paul Green. Gary Plants is a friend of mine and I have always known him to be an honest and respectable guy. I know nothing of the situation described above.

Let the facts speak for themselves--If you are going to make accusations, please back them up with facts. Until this is done, I will stand behind Gary Plants.

Enjoy the search!!

Respectfully,

Paul Green

Please do not confuse me with Mr. Greene.
Last edited by Paul Green on May 30th, 2015, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trovatore

Postby Trovatore » May 28th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Sadly, this is not the only forum that our friend is questioning Mr. Plants's ethics.

It seems Hell hath no fury like a magician scorned.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » May 28th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Know one will confuse Paul Green with Paul Greene. Particularly since Paul Greene is no longer welcome here.

jeanspdenis
Favorite Magician: Vernon

Postby jeanspdenis » May 29th, 2015, 5:08 am

AJM

Postby AJM » May 29th, 2015, 7:58 am

Oh dear, he's back.

sreynolds
Favorite Magician: Brother John Hamman

Postby sreynolds » May 29th, 2015, 10:22 am

Please leave me out of this, Mr. Greene.

Buy Gary's DVD.

That is All.

Steve Reynolds

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 29th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Considering the nature of the accusations in these emails, regardless of who actually wrote them, I hope to shortly be able to make a statement here once I clear it with my attorney.

Disparity1

Postby Disparity1 » May 29th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Richard,

You should first make sure that these "e-mails" are genuine.

I'm not sure why Gary is being attacked out of the blue like this. I'm not sure why "Paul Greene" is suddenly Jean S. Philippe (or Philipe). I'm not sure why we're being treated to two versions of transcripts that have slight discrepancies in time signatures and in which the spelling of the user's name changes. I'm not sure why Jean S. Philippe (or Philipe) is a known alter-ego of a certain Serbian magician who has a reputation for shenanigans and he still outs himself in this way. I'm not sure why, when I go on Facebook, an account for Jean S. Philippe (or Philipe) cannot be found. I'm not sure why, in the above supposed conversations, Gary (whom I've known and have corresponded with for years) is suddenly and uncharacteristically both less literate and unethical -- two adjectives that would never have been applied to him before.

I'm also not sure why, although "Paul Greene" has been banned, these posts still remain, since they're highly suspect, unverified, and reek of total BS. Given all that, I'm not sure why you feel a need to respond to what has a high probability of being a total fabrication.

It seems I'm unsure of a lot of things, which makes this pretty much an average day.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 29th, 2015, 3:13 pm

My statement is regarding another aspect raised by these emails/posts, not whether Gary Plants wrote them.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » May 29th, 2015, 3:33 pm

the syntax and grammar seems less like an educated and respected High school teacher and more like the email I posted earlier.

Disparity1

Postby Disparity1 » May 29th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Indeed. The e-mail Tom Gaudette posted above is much more literate than the samples Jean Philippe provided. It's almost as though...they're different people.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 29th, 2015, 3:53 pm

The postings are coming from non-English speakers. Most likely French or German.

AMcD

Postby AMcD » May 29th, 2015, 4:14 pm

French, Serbian? Geez, now it becomes interesting :D

mr_goat
Favorite Magician: Glenn Bishop

Postby mr_goat » May 29th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Interesting how some posts here, like the ones from Lark Mewis get instantly deleted, and some like this, are allowed to remain.
Yes, it is mrgoat, I just can't log in with old account.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » May 29th, 2015, 5:11 pm

I was thinking the same thing.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » May 29th, 2015, 5:14 pm

Sure doesn't sound like Gary Plants. Secondly, there seems to be a number of posters using others names. Paul Greene and mr_goat.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » May 29th, 2015, 5:24 pm

There's even someone pretending to be me.

Oh, hang on a moment, it was me. Holy Sh*t! :mrgreen:

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 29th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Checking.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » May 29th, 2015, 8:30 pm

I want to know more about the Vernosucker group. Where does it meet? How much are dues? Is there a secret handshake?

prodigy

Postby prodigy » May 30th, 2015, 12:32 am

Hopefully this doesn't turn into what happened with Steranko's Ultimate Move book which never got published as a result. Would hope Richard isn't reluctant to publish the book now.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 30th, 2015, 11:58 am

I've been working on this Jennings book since 1991. That's almost a quarter of a century.

I have a sacred duty to Larry to publish the book, and I will.

Return to “Kaufman & Company”