Super Sized Silly just arrived !!!

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
magicrobharv

Super Sized Silly just arrived !!!

Postby magicrobharv » September 14th, 2016, 12:37 pm

The mail carrier just came by and Holy Guacamole Batman !!! Super Sized Silly is now in my hot little hands! I pre-ordered, so I got the extra trick and gimmick. Very, very cool. The book is amazing. The back includes quite a few indexes – by author, by trick, by issue, etc. Wow. The original articles have been expanded, new information galore – it even mentions the passing of the late, great Paul Daniels and his kidshow advice. The way the book has organized the articles according to topic (Routines for School and Library Shows, Kid Show Kalendar: Routines for Every Holiday of the Year, etc.) will help me with some areas I need to address in my own show.

Hats off to David, RK, Dustin, Brad Aldridge, Stan Allen (for the original articles/concept), and Pitchford Entertainment, Media and Magic. I don’t know how many magicians in North Dakota ordered this book, but I’m the happiest magician in my neck of the state. Christmas came early in my house.

Thanks to David Kaye – You’re the Best !!!

Doug Thornton
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, Harry Anderson, Derren Brown, Mac King

Re: Super Sized Silly just arrived !!!

Postby Doug Thornton » September 14th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Ditto everything that magicrobharv said.
It's an excellent book.

magicrobharv wrote:The mail carrier just came by and Holy Guacamole Batman !!! Super Sized Silly is now in my hot little hands! I pre-ordered, so I got the extra trick and gimmick.

What are the extra trick and gimmick? i didn't see those.
Smiles all around
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAM161CALENDAR/
SAM 161 - The David Copperfield Assembly
https://www.sam161.com/

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 14th, 2016, 9:30 pm

They were provided to those who purchased the book from David Kaye. And, no, I had no idea this was being done.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

magicrobharv

Postby magicrobharv » September 16th, 2016, 10:13 am

I didn’t mean to cause any fuss. Sorry. I’ve just been buying products from David Kaye, for well, … forever. Way, way before he even had a website - you had to know someone who knew him to get his email address. Then you would email him, he would email you, ask what you wanted, quote you a current price, you would send a check, he would cash it, then he would mail your stuff to you. It sounds positively Stone Age compared to today. Even then, David was very generous. He would send out free samples and let you try out a new product he was selling.

I was one of the customers who placed an early order for Pack-Kid Tricks. The production delays, which David discussed on an episode of the Dodd Vicker’s excellent Magic Newswire, were many. David was very kind, and the people who ordered early from him received “extra stuff” that was never sold on the website. I still have yet to use my “magic credit letter.” I guess what I’m saying is this: I’ve always received extra items for being one of the first to order a new David Kaye product – when I early order products directly from him. I’ve been buying stuff from David for a long, long time. Since back when, well – back when we both had a lot more hair.

magicfish

Postby magicfish » December 23rd, 2016, 1:54 pm

Just picked up my shrink wrapped copy!
Looking forward to this very much.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » December 23rd, 2016, 2:19 pm

magicfish wrote:Just picked up my shrink wrapped copy!
Looking forward to this very much.

Magicfish--I thought you were a card guy, no idea you did children's magic.

magicfish

Postby magicfish » December 23rd, 2016, 3:19 pm

Hi Leonard, cards have been my passion my entire life, but I study all forms of magic.
Long before performing closeup magic in restaurants and pubs, I performed for children at birthday parties. I was young and I wasnt very good at it mainly because I didn't know how to interact with children.
Many years later, I had little ones of my own and it brought out the child in me. Now I love interacting with kids and I love to do magic for them.
Im not sure if I will ever put together a new act for paid kid shows, but I will happily study this book and Im sure I will find some great ideas to keep my little ones giggling.
Thanks for asking Leonard. I'll let you know what I find!

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » December 23rd, 2016, 7:30 pm

You're welcome my friend. Who knows? You might enter the children's birthday party circuit. You can't go wrong with David's thoughts and observations in his books and Genii column. I agree that having children can bring out the inner child and allows one to relive childhood once again through the eyes of the child. Once more unto the breach--and it's just as fun the second time around.

magicfish

Postby magicfish » December 24th, 2016, 2:04 pm

Im loving the Fortune Telling Fish stuff.
Ive always loved the FTF and buy them whenever I see them. Niw Ive got some new ideas!
...so far so great.

magicfish

Postby magicfish » December 28th, 2016, 5:59 pm

Loving the Max Maven tidbits!

Return to “Kaufman & Company”