Life Savers

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
mrmagik68
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Life Savers

Postby mrmagik68 » February 6th, 2016, 2:41 pm

Hello all!
Is Life Savers out-of-print? If so, what should one expect to pay for a used copy of this book? Thanks!

Roberto

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Life Savers

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 6th, 2016, 3:41 pm

Out of print and unlikely it will be reprinted.
How much to pay? Whatever the asking price is, probably.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » February 6th, 2016, 7:57 pm

mrmagik68 wrote:Hello all!
Is Life Savers out-of-print? If so, what should one expect to pay for a used copy of this book? Thanks!
Roberto

A quick ebay selling price summary suggests that somewhere around $90 to $100 US is probably around average if you want to win one at auction on that site. The low price I saw was $76, but that seemed to be an outlier. There is one copy right now that can be had for $115 "Buy it Now" price.

mrmagik68
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby mrmagik68 » February 6th, 2016, 8:47 pm

I feel like I just won the lottery! I went searching through my storage room and there it was, my copy of Life Savers. Years ago I sold many of my magic books and I thought Life Savers was among them. I'm glad I still kept it.

This brings me to a thought on books that are out-of-print. I'd like to pose this question directly to Richard. Why don't you offer your out-of-print books in e-book format? I think I saw a few out of print books on Harry Lorayne's site where he offers them in e-book format. I would think this would be a low cost, minimal risk, way of offering books that are in demand but out-of-print. Your thoughts? Thank you.

Roberto

P.S.-Erdnasephile, thanks for the info!

Orlan

Postby Orlan » February 6th, 2016, 9:07 pm

I'm curious, did something happen in the last month to increase interest? I'm aware that Life Savers has been sought after for many years now, but I've seen a spike in my eBay alerts in the last few weeks. Could be a coincidence. The price also keeps going up, glad I got it just a few months ago.

In regards to ebooks, I know Richard mentioned in another post (sometime late last year, I think) that he was considering it. Can't remember if he said he was considering or planning to do it. Sorry, can't find the old post.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 6th, 2016, 9:24 pm

The rights to a bunch of the books I've published have reverted to their authors, but for all the rest, I'll eventually make them available as both eBooks and in hardcover print-on-demand (for those who want paper).

Orlan

Postby Orlan » February 6th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:The rights to a bunch of the books I've published have reverted to their authors, but for all the rest, I'll eventually make them available as both eBooks and in hardcover print-on-demand (for those who want paper).

Thanks Richard- that's even better news! :D

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » February 6th, 2016, 11:48 pm

I could be tempted to part with mine for a price like that. Or a copy of the Don England book I stupidly sold years ago.

Sean Piper

Postby Sean Piper » March 29th, 2019, 5:38 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:The rights to a bunch of the books I've published have reverted to their authors, but for all the rest, I'll eventually make them available as both eBooks and in hardcover print-on-demand (for those who want paper).

Is this print on demand program likely to see light?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 29th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Yes, in a few years. But the rights to LifeSavers has reverted back to Michael Weber.

Return to “Kaufman & Company”