Lou Gallo

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
magicfish

Lou Gallo

Postby magicfish » September 16th, 2013, 12:09 am

Hi guys. I love Kaufman's Underground Man.
I love the physical dimensions of the book. I love the blue dust jacket. I love the illustrations. I love the writing. I love the material. I would love to be able to sit at a table with Lou Gallo and watch him work.
For those who new him or saw his magic, was he as good as I think he must've been? Something really intrigues me about this material and about this figure in closeup magic. Is Richard's book comprehensive? Is it Lou Gallo in Print or is it a best of?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Lou Gallo

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 16th, 2013, 12:46 am

It is most of Lou's material.
He was better than the book indicates. He didn't like video cameras, and it's too bad I don't have any video of him doing "Cards and Coins" or "The Gallo Pitch." He was VERY good.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Russ
Favorite Magician: Those that know the art well

Postby Russ » September 16th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Lou gave me a private lesson on the pitch in 1992. I was so fooled that it felt so good. The guys from Buffalo, Ny could chime in here and tell you so much more of this man than myself. What I can say is that when he came to Erie , pa to visit my friend, the late Bill Miesel, he always taught me items from the book. He was a true one of a kind. His two card reverse stays in my close up set to this day. To read this effect is one thing, but to have him teach it correctly made the difference. It kills.
Russ Polizzi

magicfish

Postby magicfish » September 16th, 2013, 10:10 pm

Russ, thanks for sharing. His two card reverse is one of my favourites and has been since i first learned it.

Richard, thanks for confirming what ive always thought.

Id love to hear more about Mr. Gallo.

Curtis Kam

Postby Curtis Kam » September 17th, 2013, 12:38 am

Mike Gallo put together a DVD featuring his Dad's magic, and it includes video footage of Lou Gallo performing and teaching the pitch, and other things. Well worth tracking down if you're a fan of either, or both Gallos.

magicfish

Postby magicfish » July 25th, 2014, 3:00 pm

That is a dvd I'd like to find.

Smurf

Postby Smurf » July 25th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Return to “Kaufman & Company”