Time delayed method of bursting a balloon

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

Time delayed method of bursting a balloon

Postby Guest » February 22nd, 2006, 6:19 am

Magi are familiar with smashing a wine glass kept at a distance using voice frequency(Ella Fitzgerald style).Steve Duschek in his book shows a method using a simple gimmick to break a wine glass.
Is there a method of bursting a balloon kept at a distance of 3-4 feet or enclosed in a transparent glass/perspex box using...mind power?.A method which i have chanced upon is using solvents to dissolve rubber.
Sprinkle rubber solvents(diluted) and move away from the balloon and concentrate on the balloon.Pop it goes!I havent tried it as yet but any other suggestions.

John LeBlanc

Re: Time delayed method of bursting a balloon

Postby John LeBlanc » February 22nd, 2006, 8:55 am

That depends upon how much money you are willing to spend on the solution.

John
http://www.escamoteurettes.com/blog/

Postby Guest » February 22nd, 2006, 3:57 pm

Don't forget - Richard Nixon once said, "Solutions are not the answer". --Mitch Dutton

Postby Guest » February 23rd, 2006, 11:45 am

The method of dissolving a balloon via chemicals has already been marketed by Yves Doumerge as
"Protocol 153.51". It was a very clever handling happening in the spectator's hands or in a remote
isolated area.

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » February 23rd, 2006, 8:16 pm

I remember a marketed effect which consisted of three large plastic rings taped together. You put a red balloon inside one, a yellow inside the next and a green inside the last (there's no reason to stop at three- that's just the way it was marketed). Then you had a spectator call out a color and that balloon would burst. The effect was weak (in my opinion) but I added on to it with other connections to the chosen color to make a full fledged routine out of the idea once the color was selected.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Postby Guest » March 14th, 2006, 2:19 am

THERE IS AN ELECTRONIC BALLOON BURSTER WHERE YOU CAN BURST THE BALOON ANY TIME BY REMOTE CONTROL WHICH USES A PIN IN THE STAND THIS IS A GREAT COMEDY ITEM IR CAN BE USED FOR BURSTING A BALLOON BY THOUGHT ETC.....IT IS MADE BY "TAURUS MAGIC" IN THE UK http://www.taurusmagic.net/
IF IT NOT ON HIS SITE ASK HIM .

DEREK

Return to “General”