Resturant and Cafe Magic

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

Resturant and Cafe Magic

Postby Guest » August 7th, 2007, 10:06 am

I know that I posted on the subject a while ago but I wanted to start a new one and start off fresh.

Anyways, I have been practicing for a while know on just putting routines together and imporving my technique. I have about 5-6 routines each is about 2-5 minutes long depending on the routine. My shortest routine is a one coin flurry. The longest is a Three phase Four Coin Routine.

I have a cafe that is willing to hire me but I don't know how many different routines I should have or how long I should spend at each table. How do I know if I am ready to do a paying gig?

Re: Resturant and Cafe Magic

Postby Guest » August 7th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Ironically, the only way to be truly ready is to have prior experience. The only solution is to jump right in fully prepared to be terrible at first.

That being said; consult as many resources on the subject as possible such as Eugene Burger's brilliant Mastering the Art of Magic, published by Richard Kaufman.

Re: Resturant and Cafe Magic

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2007, 3:20 pm

go out and read the books on resturant magic(Charles Kirk's comes to mind) and perhaps a dvd set like " live at the jailhouse." Learn from the pro's...

And good luck,

Pete

Return to “General”