A simple question # 2

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.
Eric DeCamps

A simple question # 2

Postby Eric DeCamps » August 11th, 2001, 6:45 pm

Doug Conn posted a simple question last week, "Why do you like magic". I would like to expand on that question. Why did you choose to perform magic?

David Acer

Re: A simple question # 2

Postby David Acer » August 11th, 2001, 9:12 pm

Guy Camirand recently told me that he got into magic as a teenager because he "wanted to do these things for real." It strikes me that books like Harry Potter and TV shows like Sabrina will attract more young newcomers for similar reasons. End transmission.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2001, 8:22 pm

Ego and self-confident problems are usually the main reasons.

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » September 8th, 2001, 2:25 am

the thrill of performing mostly. also problem solving

Postby Guest » September 8th, 2001, 4:53 am

I like to fool people and make them feel intellectually inferior because they can't figure it out. Also, I have used my skills to convince a small mining town into thinking I was the devil, and I made them pay me in gold coin to keep me from reeking havoc on their humble village with my "powers". Another great thing that can come from performing magic is that you can occaisonally convince an insecure, lonely Waffle House waitress to sleep with you after you convince her you "understand her soul" by doing a few mentalism effects. I'm looking forward to expanding my ability and keeping with the venerable ways, such as using my card skills to cheat people at poker and blackjack. I mean, there are soooo many cool things about performing magic I could go on all night!!!

Return to “General”