contacting memebers

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

contacting memebers

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2002, 7:59 pm

Richard K;
Is there a way to contact members directly? Second Deal has a list (with e mails of its members; anytting similar here?
Marty Kaplan

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: contacting memebers

Postby Matthew Field » December 2nd, 2002, 6:50 am

Marty --
On the very first line of each post on the Forum, to the right of the poster's name, are a bunch of icons (quotation marks, little man, etc.) and one of these is a Rolodex-type file card. Click on that to get the information which the Forum member has provided about him/herself. If the member wishes to have his e-mail address included, it is there.

Matt Field

Postby Guest » December 2nd, 2002, 8:53 am

For what it is worth, I welcome all e-mails from contributing members of the Genii forum. Whether it is a general question, an offer for something for sale or an introduction, I have included my e-mail address for the public.

Postby Guest » December 2nd, 2002, 9:39 am

Mark Ennis and Matt, (early ,seasoned,members I see)
Thanks for the help, and it does. In addition to "write ins" TSD has a full list of members with e mails (for those who are available) so that even if a member does not post--and many don't--one can contact them.
I was hoping hat the Forum, a really exciting and wonderful format,might also have that.
Marty

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » December 2nd, 2002, 10:46 pm

Bruce Barnett, moderator of the Electronic Grymoire, used to send out regular membership lists. Then spammers started using it for mailing lists, and ruined it for everyone. The same thing would most likely happen with an address list of Genii Forum members.

Return to “General”