Hello from Antwerp, Belgium!

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.
Mik-Kado
Favorite Magician: Gazzo, Jimmy Talksalot

Hello from Antwerp, Belgium!

Postby Mik-Kado » January 15th, 2016, 7:47 am

I am new here on the forum. I'm a 34 year old urgent delivery driver from Antwerp, Belgium. I travel through whole Europe during week to deliver all kind of goods.
I'm a hobby magician for many years already. It started out with a magic set as a gift on my 6th birthday... (the common story, isn't it?) But started to learn 'real' magic from when I was about 13 years old. While I was always the most interested in close-up magic, I performed mostly children shows on birthday parties, schools, etc. I also performed some parlor shows for adults & elderly people. But since approximately 2 or 3 years stopped with doing magic for children and started to focus on close-up sleight of hand magic only. Cause of my job, I don't have a lot of time to hang around on the internet, but I will jump in to visit here when I see some free time. That way I can learn from others experience and vice versa.
See you later!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Hello from Antwerp, Belgium!

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 15th, 2016, 12:03 pm

Welcome ... and what is an "urgent delivery driver"? Like Fedex?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Mik-Kado

Postby Mik-Kado » January 15th, 2016, 4:39 pm

Hey Richard,

You're right! But instead of delivering parcels from door to door, I get my load at the 'sender' address and deliver directly, without picking up more load, to the 'destination' address.
(For example: a cookie factory in Germany orders usually cardboard packages produced through a factory in Belgium. The cookie factory sees they gonna run out of packages. That's the moment I have job! I load, and drive directly and exclusive for the cookie factory to Germany to bring them already some pallets with packages so they can keep on running untill a full truck load is being delivered.)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 15th, 2016, 8:21 pm

Can you please bring me some chocolate from Belgium. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Mik-Kado

Postby Mik-Kado » January 16th, 2016, 6:21 am

Richard,

If you search for 'Leonidas' on the internet, you can search for a selling point in your area. It's one of Belgian's most known chocolate brands. They have stores all over the world, so porbably also somewhere around Washington.
Other big brand is 'Godiva', this is the 1st choice chocolate brand also delivering to the King's family here in Belgium. ;-)
Obviously, you will pay maybe more as double the price of what we pay here...

Return to “General”