Idea for a new stage illusion

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.
p.k.

Idea for a new stage illusion

Postby p.k. » November 9th, 2011, 10:10 pm

I want to point out that although I have followed magic and illusion for a long time, I have never actually been a performer, nor an assistant or stagehand (though I'd love to break in to that field), and have no personal connections to those that do.

I have a concept I would like to be used as a possible new illusion. I would like to know where exactly do I go to divulge my idea and whether it is a good possibility to be realized.

I've read the story how a dream one night inspired David Devant to come up with what's known as The Mascot Moth. I also see the one of the biggest issues in magic, one that may be bigger than keeping secrets (though few people know about it), is who came up with what idea, and the longstanding controversy of magicans "stealing" others tricks and routines. In a strange way, I'd like to throw my proverbial hat into the ring, and actually get a better understanding of issues related to magic, while coming up with a good idea before someone comes up with it befor me.

If I sound overreaching in my ideas I apologize, but I feel that standing on the sidelines is something I shouldn't do. Since you are the experts in this field, while I know no one on the personal level, I could use your help.

Thank you!

Return to “General”