Large Bill Tube

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.
dockarate

Large Bill Tube

Postby dockarate » November 7th, 2011, 6:01 pm

Hi all,

I purchased a used "bill tube" quite a while ago because it looked much different from the "classic" that I already had. This thing is HUGE in comparison. I looked for a logo / hallmark and don't see anything.

I'm interested in finding out who manufactured it if possible. A collector in my I.B.M. Ring said it may be foreign based on it's size and that it's probably sized to match the load. He said he hasn't seen one the "operates" like this one either (The load / closing method is also different from the classic tube).

I tried to include a few pix taken side by side with the smaller classic bill tube but evidently I can't add a pic to my post (or I just can't figure out how to do so). The tube is about 4 1/16" from bottom to top and about 1 inch in diameter.

If any of you learned people have an idea about origin / manufacture it would be a great and wonderful thing if you could share. If anyone thinks they may be able to help I can possibly email or pm a couple of pics.

Thanks much,
Dave
Be Just And Fear Not

jason156
Favorite Magician: Bro. John Hamman, Simon Aronson, David Regal

Re: Large Bill Tube

Postby jason156 » November 7th, 2011, 6:16 pm

To post a pic you need to upload it to a site like photo bucket and then post a link to it.

dockarate

Postby dockarate » November 7th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Thanks sir...guess I'll have to try and figure that out.
Be Just And Fear Not

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 7th, 2011, 6:43 pm

I have a couple about that size, and they are not foreign-made. How does the cap lock down?

dockarate

Postby dockarate » November 7th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Sir,

The cap / top just slips on and is held w/ the post / locks...do you mean the top or the "loading / locking" method??? That is a threaded bottom.
Be Just And Fear Not

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 7th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Hmmm...the top is the same as mine, but the load chamber slides in and is not threaded.

Sorry I can't help!
Dustin

dockarate

Postby dockarate » November 8th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Thanks for trying sir. No big deal, just thought it was very, very cool and thought it would be nice to know the manufacturer. The threaded piece locks the chamber after sliding it in. Just haven't seen one like it before.

Take care,
Dave
Be Just And Fear Not

Return to “General”