Bar Act

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Alan Bursky

Bar Act

Postby Alan Bursky » November 1st, 2007, 1:19 pm

I have been told the best way to do any drink called for is with "drink essences". Are these things still available? If so, where?

Pete Biro

Re: Bar Act

Postby Pete Biro » November 1st, 2007, 2:00 pm

Don't know if owen still has them, but chdck jim steinmeyer he has a modern version.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » November 1st, 2007, 4:45 pm

I've been researching and developing similar ideas for my bar routines and am interested in your findings. Marketed items are out of my price range, unfortunately. Thus far, I've not been satisfied with my results.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 1st, 2007, 5:45 pm

Jim Steinmeyer's version, "Hospitality," is sold by David Charvet. It's a great routine and the drinks are all real and can be given out at the end.

Look here: http://charvetmagic.com/_wsn/page8.html

Here's his description:
"IMAGINE ... From an unprepared milk carton you can pour plain milk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk, PLUS cola, orange juice, seltzer, grape juice, tomato juice and lemonade (or any other drinks of the magician's choosing, including alcoholic beverages, if desired.) All of the drinks are REAL and may be tasted by the audience. No "essences" or flavorings used. A POWERFUL five minute routine filled with real mystery and audience participation. This is an effect that audiences talk about!

Our version of this effect has been featured by many top professionals around the world, including Lance Burton in his Las Vegas stage show, Luis DeMatos on his network TV special in Portugal, and the late Doug Henning in his final personal appearances.

Can be performed practically anywhere. Living room, platform or stage. Minimal set-up (about 5 minutes.) Everything (except the drinks) packs into the custom-crafted bar case. 24" x 16" x 7" when closed. Laminated finish resists spills and wipes clean. No table base supplied (use a waiter's stand available at any restaurant supply store.) All props supplied. No expensive refills. Get everything you need for future performances at any grocery store.
Comes with video instructions and booklet.
Custom crafted by Mark Evans.
$495.00 + $35 shipping in the U.S."
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » November 3rd, 2007, 10:37 pm

Bursky,

Check into this place...

http://winemakeri.com/products/lq/prod_lq_essences.htm

I have used them, and they are OK. The old school powder ones were better apparently but these are OK.

Stickley

Postby Guest » November 16th, 2007, 8:00 pm

HOSPITALITY IS ONE OF THE GREATEST EFFECTS EVER CONCIEVED,,I USED IT ON MY LAST TOUR, AT THAT TIME DAVID CHARVET WAS WORKING ON MY SHOW AND USED TO SET IT FOR ME.....DONT PASS THIS ONE BY

Postby Guest » November 16th, 2007, 8:02 pm

SOMETIME I SHOULD POST THE REAL SECRET TO THE ANY DRINK CALLED FOR ACT

Postby Guest » November 17th, 2007, 1:59 pm

TEASE!

Alan Bursky

Postby Alan Bursky » December 7th, 2007, 4:21 pm

Mr. Stickley,
Thank you for the link. With this I can do pretty much "Any Drink Called For". Thanks again.

Postby Guest » December 7th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Stan: What's the real secret?!?!

Postby Guest » December 11th, 2007, 10:26 am

Alan:

The best essences were the ones that Schenley put out during Prohibition. I got the real work on this from Burling Hull about a year before he died.

e-mail me and I'll give you what he told me.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”