Passe Passe Bottles

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Robert Kane

Passe Passe Bottles

Postby Robert Kane » November 19th, 2002, 1:00 pm

Hi All:

I am working on developing a fun 15 minute stage act. I want to close with a Passe Passe Bottle routine (Using a neat old Abbott set that I recently picked up).

I need a few literary references in order to find a straight forward routine. I am currently learning the Ken Brooke Routine as explained in Ken Brooke's Magic: The Unique Years.

The routines in Tarbell were not my cup of tea, although I am sure they are fantastic in the right hands.

Appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks, Robert Kane :)

Pete Biro

Re: Passe Passe Bottles

Postby Pete Biro » November 19th, 2002, 7:39 pm

Does your set have the 3rd bottle?
Stay tooned.

Robert Kane

Postby Robert Kane » November 19th, 2002, 9:34 pm

Yes, with section at top that can contain liquid to pour out of "bottle."

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » November 20th, 2002, 6:27 pm

Fifty or so years ago, in Germany, I saw a pair of funny guys from Italy do a "gambler/sucker" type routine, one guy betting he knew where the bottle was...

Then, when the con man looked away, the sucker stole a bottle out and put it under his coat.

Every time he would look under his coat and show the audience the bottle he would up the bet...

Of course, in the end, he lost...

It was one of the funniest, best bottle routines I ever saw.

Can you try this approach?

Stay tooned...

:rolleyes: :p
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » November 21st, 2002, 10:52 am

Originally posted by Pete Biro:
Fifty or so years ago, in Germany, I saw a pair of funny guys from Italy do a "gambler/sucker" type routine, one guy betting he knew where the bottle was...

Then, when the con man looked away, the sucker stole a bottle out and put it under his coat.

Every time he would look under his coat and show the audience the bottle he would up the bet...

Of course, in the end, he lost...

It was one of the funniest, best bottle routines I ever saw.

Can you try this approach?

Stay tooned...

:rolleyes: :p
That's the old Multiplying Bottles... years ago (when I was but a kid) we did it with a Sugar Bottle load that got broken over the "theift's" head... Memory serving me correct Lee Ramsey and his old partner did it at the old Bit O'Magic... Malone would know, he was there!

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”