Unknown Coke Effect

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Brad A._dup1

Unknown Coke Effect

Postby Brad A._dup1 » October 8th, 2002, 10:52 pm

A magician around here, in San Diego, has some of the most ineresting magic props I've seen. Most of his magic career was on cruise ships. He has an exact number for how many times he's been through the Panama Canal....so amazing I can't recall.

Nevertheless.

He showed me a very interesting effect that used a coke bottle... an 8 oz'er. He pushed it through a colored cylinder, and it turned into a giant silk (yes, it was silk: rice)

I've seen this trick...however it was with a larger liter Coke bottle.

Of course, the bottle is plastic and hollow.

The version I've seen for sale nowadays...the large liter one....looks strange. Coke isn't sold in large quantities of that size (There's a great soda shop in LA that does, though!)....

Where could I get this version with the "regular" 8 oz type. My friend bought his in Eurpose decades ago.

Any thoughts?

Brad

Re: Unknown Coke Effect

Postby Guest » October 8th, 2002, 11:40 pm

My suggestion would be to contact David Ginn.......it's probably a prop of his manufacture. Just an idea.

Postby Guest » October 16th, 2002, 5:56 pm

www.magicsmith.com and www.daytonamagic.com
I purchased mine from daytona magic while I was on vacation. There is no bottom on it, so I used a food grade silicone and siliconed a piece of clear rubber on there. THis way it will on liquid during a show.

Brad A._dup1

Postby Brad A._dup1 » October 16th, 2002, 7:56 pm

...all the ones I've seen (at shops, swaps, and online) are the large version....

Not the "normal" Coke bottle.

While we're at it, anybody know any interesting Rubiks cube stuff (minus the "Enchanted cube")?

-Brad
Former Vonnegut Character

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”