Bob Fitch Mini Workshop in DC area

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Bob Fitch Mini Workshop in DC area

Postby Guest » March 6th, 2005, 4:02 pm

Bob and I are hoping to do a repeat of the 4 day mini workshop he did here last year. I need to find out how much interest there is before going any further. It is limited to 6 participants, 1 of whom is me. Each participant will get two opportunities to work on routines with Bob. The rest of the day is spent with Bob teaching very interactive classes in stagecraft, acting, movement, etc. We go from 9am to 10pm for 4 days. It's pretty intense. Likely dates are June 13-16th, tuition will probably be between $800-$1200 depending on the venue we end up using. I'll be happy to answer any questions in this thread. Anyone interested in more details may also contact me via e-mail.

Re: Bob Fitch Mini Workshop in DC area

Postby Guest » March 7th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Hmmmm. No interest? Well, Bob is not able to make those dates so we are looking for others. Still, I'd like to hear from people who are interested to see how much effort to put in to setting this up again. Bob's weeklong workshop in Canada is out of reach time-wise and price-wise to many. A mini workshop gives locals a great introduction to Bob's amazing knowledge and skills as a teacher of theater. I don't know of anyone who has worked with Bob that has not experienced life-changing insight into performing. That list is long and illustrious too, Bob Sheets, Paul Gertner, Bill Malone, Gene Anderson, Giovanni, Steve Bargatze, Bob Kohler to name but a few workshop alumni. If you are ready to change for the better (and wouldn't mind being in the Maryland burbs for a few days), let me know!

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » March 7th, 2005, 6:20 pm

I am extremely interested!

best wishes,

N.
IllusionArtistry.com

Dave

Postby Dave » March 7th, 2005, 9:19 pm

I am also extremely interested! I can not attend the week long workshop in Canada b/c I have a conflict with the dates. I live in the NY area and have considered organizing a mini-workshop up here, but have not taken any action on it yet. Please let me know what new dates you are considering. You can e-mail me at magicmath78@aol.com If I can not organize a workkshop in NY I would definitely travel down to Maryland.

David

Postby Guest » March 16th, 2005, 4:24 am

I'm also interested. Shoot me an email (lastnitesfun@excite.com) should it happen.

Mark

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”