Favorite Dove Acts

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Re: Favorite Dove Acts

Postby Guest » February 14th, 2005, 11:11 pm

How many people out there remember that Channing sold his act in the 60's to three people for $275.00 dollars each.
The guys that purchased were Roger Tolliver who went on the win major awards at the PCAM convention, including best act, best maniputation and the Ben Chavez award.
Roger worked for a couple of years in Vegas and also did the act at Churchils in London. He also did the Playboy clubs. The other person who bought the act was Mark Green who had some moderate sucess with it. He was on the old Arthur Godfrey Talent show. I can't think of the third guys name but I believe he was a doctor who loved magic.
Roger did the act so well he was actually makeing more money than Channing for awhile until he retired in 1972.
Roger tought me the act in 1977 and I did it for a couple of years in Europe and around the USA.
In 1967 I bought the double dove production from Channing through Marion Chavez. If my memory serves me correct I paid $35.00 for the secret.
Just a little history about Channing act that you may not have known.
Too this day nobody even comes close to the incredible sophistication that Channing projected.
He truly was the greatest !

Re: Favorite Dove Acts

Postby Guest » February 15th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Another person who did Channing's act, after Pollock left England to return to the U.S., was his taxi driver who went by the stage name of Franklin. Channing taught him the act about 1960. Some say he did the act almost as well technically, but did not have the stage presence of Chan.

I agree, Channing Pollock was the GREATEST at what he did.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”