Instructions for Working Performer's Card Stab please?

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
erdnasephile

Instructions for Working Performer's Card Stab please?

Postby erdnasephile » October 21st, 2016, 11:01 am

Hi, all:

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with this please:

I have the props for Ted Lesley's "Working Performer's Card Stab". However, I am in need of the instructions that came with the set please. (I purchased the DVD Set that Ted Lesley made for L & L, but the version of the routine on the first DVD is not the full routine).

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the instructions they'd be willing to share? If so, I'd sure appreciate it if you would please PM me.

Many thanks!

erdnasephile

Re: Instructions for Working Performer's Card Stab please?

Postby erdnasephile » October 22nd, 2016, 10:48 am

For reference, here is the trick I'm referring to:

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » October 22nd, 2016, 11:39 am

Erdnasephile--What is the problem with the DVD explication? In what way is it incomplete? From this description of the effect and the contents of Paramiracles, I understand 2/3 of the method.

If you don't own a copy of Paramiracles, get it! There's one on eBay now at a great price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TED-LESLEYs-PAR ... SwFe5XyxEf

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 22nd, 2016, 1:01 pm

Thanks to a kind GF member, I've got a copy of the instructions on the way--many thanks!

(PS: The explanation on the DVD is only the first half of the effect--whose method is pretty obvious if you are familiar with Mr. Lesley is well known for. The second half of the stabbing is harder to dope out, especially if you adhere to the literal condition: "the performer never touches the deck of cards used." It is more perplexing if all you have is the props, which have made it harder for me to figure out while trying to incorporate everything included in the package. [It's like putting an engine back together--"Now what was that part for?"] I'll be interested to see if any my potential solutions match the actual one.] )

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”