Bad experience with Snapillusions

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Pad

Bad experience with Snapillusions

Postby Pad » November 9th, 2010, 5:49 pm

I am looking for someone who is able to get in contact with snapillusions.

I ordered a spike illusions and they promised to deliver it by the end of october 2010. I didnt received anything and now i am not able to get in contact with them. They don't replay on my queries! Although I sent them very polite e-mails just asking for an update...

Due to the fact I need the spiker illusion soon I would be happy to receive it as soon as possible.

Is there someone who can help me?

Thanks Patrik

David Alexander

Re: Bad experience with Snapillusions

Postby David Alexander » November 9th, 2010, 6:05 pm

You'll have to take a number and stand in line with all the other people who would like to hear from snap and receive what they paid for.

Use the search feature here and you'll see what I'm talking about.

You should make plans now to work around not having the spiker illusion in your show.

Pad

Postby Pad » November 9th, 2010, 6:20 pm

Thanks David for your advice.

I just found it. There is a lot to read, but sounds NOT good :-/

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » November 9th, 2010, 11:54 pm

I'm afraid there is no good news about Snap Illusions.

This is the downside of using people who promise much for small prices. You wouldn't go wrong with Alan at Owen Magic, Bill Smith, Johnny Gaughn, Bill Schmelk...all good guys who deliver what they promise. When the deal seems too good to be true that's when you have to be suspicious.

Good luck.

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » November 11th, 2010, 4:44 am

There are two addresses on the net for Snap :

First : 740 S.R. 135, Suite 131 Greenwood, IN 46143

Second : 190 Commerce Dr Franklin, IN 46131

Perhaps one works !!!

M Sini

Postby M Sini » November 11th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Just saw where they are now selling (or at least saying they'll build) Origami on their website. I guess since they never actually build one we can't accuse them of selling a knock off.

SteveP

Postby SteveP » November 12th, 2010, 9:36 am

I'm still amazed that no one has sued them and that people continue to buy from them. If you were going to spend thousands of dollars on ANYTHING, wouldn't you at least do a Google search? If so, you will find all the problems other people have had.

Information is just a click away.

Pad

Postby Pad » November 14th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Thats true! I dont know why i didnt checked before i bought the illusion, but i will never do it again.

Sebastion, on my bankaccount transaction i can finde following address:
Snap Illusions 7915 S. Emerson Avenue B-251 Indianapolis, IN 46237.
I think I have to use this address to sue them.

Thanks David for your magic dealers suggestions.

SteveP

Postby SteveP » November 14th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Pad,

Unfortunately that address is for a Mailboxes Etc and not a real location for the business. That information is also available on Google. You're going to need to find where the shop or his residence is in order to serve papers. That too is available on the web for a fee.

Pad

Postby Pad » November 16th, 2010, 8:08 am

Steve,

do you know where on the web i am able to purchase the address? I want to be sure about the residence.

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » November 16th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Before I spent any money I'd call the City Clerk of the town and find out what his business license says. Then Google that address to see if it's real or a fake.

SteveP

Postby SteveP » November 17th, 2010, 9:53 am

Pad,

http://www.peoplefinders.com/

There you can pay for complete background information on him. It will show addresses, court records, etc. Essentially everything that is public information.

Taking David's recommendation into consideration, it would be interesting to know if he even has a business license. Somewhere along the line, there is current, accurate information on him.

Paulleemagic

Postby Paulleemagic » February 3rd, 2011, 11:16 pm

I have only heard bad things about them, never bought from them.

Good Luck
Paul Lee
http://www.paulleemagic.com

Wacko

Postby Wacko » May 26th, 2011, 10:04 pm

On a different topic.. why would you EVER buy that spiker once you've seen the pictures..

the base is the size of some NYC apartments!

Sandro Nerilli

Postby Sandro Nerilli » July 21st, 2011, 8:14 am

This is one of the purchases I made to SNAP, but It never was delivered and not responding my emails. This is my mail: sandronerilli@gmail.com
Before buying something snap thieves, think well

ALESSANDRO NERILLI,

Thank you for shopping with Snap Illusions LLC at http://shop.SNAPILLUSIONS.COM.

This automated e-mail serves as your receipt. Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Order Summary
-------------

Invoice ID: 0000001158

Order Date: Thu, Oct 28, 2010 08:37:35

Payment:
Your order balance is $2500.00. Please call 1-888-762-7771 to arrange payment.

Order Contents:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty | Item # | Description | Price Each | Total Price
1 | OBI300 | ORIGAMI BOX ILLUSION | 2500.00 | 2500.00
Subtotal 2500.00
Tax 0.00
Shipping & Handling 0.00
Balance Due 2500.00

Shipping Information:
ALESSANDRO NERILLI
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz de Tenerife 38008
Spain

You will receive a confirmation e-mail providing shipping details when your order is shipped.

Check the status of your order online by visiting http://shop.SNAPILLUSIONS.COM/member/myaccount.sc or check the status of your order by phone by calling 1-888-762-7771.

Thank you for shopping with us.

- Snap Illusions LLC

Comedy Writer

Postby Comedy Writer » October 1st, 2011, 2:15 pm

A good friend is waiting for an illusion to be delivered or a phone call to be returned...Far too many stories about Snap illusions customer service to ever buy from them.

Gleny

Postby Gleny » October 13th, 2011, 5:55 am

I just bought two of them they were amazing. They really create magic.

SquareCircle

Postby SquareCircle » October 13th, 2011, 8:35 am

Gleny wrote:I just bought two of them they were amazing. They really create magic.

:D

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » October 13th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Gleny wrote:I just bought two of them they were amazing. They really create magic.

Wow. Your first post isn't at all suspicious.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 13th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Hey Jack, where's the money you've owed me for years for the ads you placed in Genii? You SUCK.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Erb

Postby Richard Erb » October 14th, 2011, 6:53 am

There are several different addresses and several different bank accounts. Jack is getting more professional. Unfortunatelly he doesn't have the guts to charge someone for defamation or cyberbullying (or he does not have the money to pay an attorney).

Someone wants to drop by, pay him a visit and ask him friendly about the status of deliveries?
Then try these addresses:

Jack Nigel Moyer
309 Christina Dr.
Whiteland, Indiana

Tawni Moyer
1490 Maria Ave
Franklin, IN

and give him and Tawni my best regards.
Richard

SquareCircle

Postby SquareCircle » October 17th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Hey Jack, where's the money you've owed me for years for the ads you placed in Genii? You SUCK.

The check is in the mail.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » October 17th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Didn't he have a website from which he booked shows? Why not just book him for a show and nab him when he shows up?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 17th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Let me clarify Mr. Henderson's remark: when Jack shows up to give a show, have the police there ready to take him into custody for questioning.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » October 17th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Yes. Thank you. I do not advise kidnapping - or snapnapping, as the case may be.

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 1st, 2011, 10:26 pm

Hello, my name is Darrin and I am the owner of BC Automotive. I see that someone just posted my business address in this thread as belonging to another business. This is in error.

On September 1st 2011 I leased the above building in Bargersville. If you wish to verify this you can call the Bargersville police department. I had an officer out today in regard to this issue.

If you want a performance transmission then I am your guy. My products have been featured in several issues of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords and you can find me on many automotive enthusiast internet forums. That is what I do and I do it well.

If you are after magic anything, then I am definitely not your guy.

So that said, I don't want anyone talking about showing up to my business looking for anything other than my business. Particularly anyone looking for anything owed them by anyone else because I can't help you there.

I sincerely hope you all find your guy and suitable resolution, but I am not him and nobody is going to find him by coming to my shop. So, I am hoping that everyone will please stop posting my business address in connection with this other business/person as I have no connection with them in any way other than I apparently rented a building that they moved out of.

I would also like one of the site admins/owners to contact me about this so that we can discuss it and get this address mess cleared up. You have my email. After it has been verified to your satisfaction that what I am saying is true, I am respectfully asking that the address of my business be removed from and kept off this site as being in any way connected with that other company.

Thanks much!
Darrin

SteveP

Postby SteveP » December 2nd, 2011, 6:53 am

Here's the updated address for Snap according to the link I previously posted:

Snap Illusions, LLC
1350 West Southport Road
Indianapolis, IN 46217

The link is still good, but it does show a new address.

El Harvey Oswald

Postby El Harvey Oswald » December 2nd, 2011, 11:43 am

"have the police there ready to take him into custody for questioning."

for a business debt?

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 2nd, 2011, 1:44 pm

My primary concern here is that I don't want anyone reading that this person can be found at my business address and come looking for him. I fear either a physical altercation or vandalism to my property based on the tone and emphasis of some of the comments I have seen posted in various places.

Secondarily, I don't want anyone being responsible for providing incorrect info that the person(s) out for revenge might use to try and get back at this guy. I am doing my best to try and keep track of what is being posted and where it is happening and making those who post it aware that it incorrect and asking them to remove it to lessen that liability.

Based on what I have seen and heard, this has become a huge concern to me. Fortunately enough the fire department is right outside the front door and the police station is just a little further down the road. I have installed security cameras and been trying to get to know those who can easily keep an eye out. At lunch I went to the police station to ask if they could keep an eye on the place for me because of all of this.

I wish I would have known about all of this BEFORE I signed a long term lease on this building...

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » December 2nd, 2011, 2:13 pm

Darrin, magicians as a rule are not a violent sort. I do not believe you have anything to fear for your person or your property. However, collection agencies and departments investigating fraud often seek out old addresses and neighbors at old adresses. Just yesterday I received a call from a collections agency asking about someone who apparently lived, at one time, in my neighborhood. so it is possible that people will follow leads that lead to your place of business. Sadly, those processes are out of all of our hands. I am confident, however, that those actively searching for jack throw the appropriate legal channels will, with your assistance, quickly realize that he no longer has connections with your address (assuming that is accurate) and other paths will be pursued.

I hope you have never been the victim of fraud. If you have, you know now frustrating that can feel. I am sure, regardless of your personal history, you can appreciate the position in which several magicians believe they have found themselves, and likewise, I am sure you can understand the appreciation they feel for your help and understanding in this matter.

On their behalf I want to thank you in advance for that assistance. I am sorry that an unlucky coincidence has brought you into the matter.

El Harvey Oswald

Postby El Harvey Oswald » December 2nd, 2011, 5:51 pm

Pretty sure people can comprehend that businesses move to different addresses, and won't abruptly resort to arson or other violence.

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 2nd, 2011, 8:43 pm

I don't know anything about magicians, but I do know performance car guys. They will get their friends hunt you down and destroy things. I have seen it happen through the years with ripoff shops. A lot of times it happens at races. Cars and trailers get trashed. I don't need any of that.

I don't have a dog in this fight and I don't know anything about either the magic shop or the guy who ran it. I did look up his website to see if there was any contact info, but all there is to contact through is an email.

I am truly sorry for anyone who suffered any loss. I know it isn't any fun. But I am just a guy trying to run a business that is really being ravaged by this economy. Gas prices have killed off a lot of really decent shops in this performance automotive business and it's truly survival of the fittest right now. Reputation is everything. I just moved into this smaller building to try and help with overhead and keep prices down for my customers. The last thing I need is to get drug into someone else's mess and have my good business wrongly connected to a bad one just by an address.

As I said, I really want to talk to an admin or site owner and direct them to the Bargersville police to verify all this so that at least a post can be made about what they find out. I keep looking at my email and coming back here to see if one has posted that they are willing to talk to me. So far nothing.

How would any of you like it if your home address was being posted in connection with a child molester or something? Trust me, it kind of sucks and I want it cleared up right damn now.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 3rd, 2011, 1:56 am

No one here is going to hunt anyone down and destroy anything.
The only thing we advocate is that people get what they've paid Snap Illusions for.

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 3rd, 2011, 12:32 pm

I advocate that as well.

SO...

My suggestion to help here is that if you really care about that happening that you check out what I am telling you and eliminate my business address as having anything to do with this as of September of this year. That might streamline things and actually help out those who are looking to find a resolution.

I am here doing my part for my own personal reasons in effort to protect my business. Why is it that nobody else has just a few minutes to do such a small little thing that might help others not waste time?

I haven't even gotten so much as an email or attempt to contact yet. If/when that happens I can share any info you need about me and my company. I will give you my personal phone number so that we can talk about it. If you want it then I will even provide you my home address so you can check that out too. I can get you in contact with some local business people who now know me and in contact with the Town of Bargersville to verify that I am who I am. I can get you info about my company over the years and MANY personal contacts and websites that I have dealt with. People from trade magazines can be contacted. There is a WHOLE lot that I can get you. Heck, I can even flood your website with car guys that know me if that's what it takes.

Seems to me that if anyone really cared that they might do at least something. I sure know that I would. Particularly when it takes SO little because someone is willing to provide you all that you need instead of asking you to go dig it all up.

Short of that, a single phone call to the Bargersville police department will clear up that they stopped by, ran the plates on all my vehicles, know that the former tenant left, that I rented the building in September and that I am not who you are looking for.

This is all very easily confirmed if you really do care. I am trying to be as transparent as possible here to help at least eliminate a waste of time for anyone.

In my efforts to clear this up, I tried to send a PM to Richard Kaufman and that account isn't accepting PM's. That makes it extremely inconvenient for anyone trying to contact you. Kind of curious I guess.

So to make this process easier for anyone that really does care, my phone number is 317-514-0816 or you can email me at sales@bcatransmissions.com. Please feel free to call or email me.

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 3rd, 2011, 1:11 pm

Hey, maybe try this...

https://secure.in.gov/sos/online_corps/name_search.aspx

Type in Snap Illusions. Don't change anything and click on submit.

On the next page click on the entity name "SNAP ILLUSIONS LLC"

On this page, go on down a little and click on the green "go" box for the "View additional information for the entity, including transaction history, merger information, registered agent, principals and corporate report information (years paid and years due)." section.

Tada!

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 3rd, 2011, 1:17 pm

Steve Pellegrino wrote:Here's the updated address for Snap according to the link I previously posted:

Snap Illusions, LLC
1350 West Southport Road
Indianapolis, IN 46217

The link is still good, but it does show a new address.

I just looked at that manta link you posted above. It says that the owner, Jack Moyer, updated the company profile on 11/30/2011. Based on that I am guessing that he has seen the sh!tstorm I am stirring up about this business address.

El Harvey Oswald

Postby El Harvey Oswald » December 3rd, 2011, 2:23 pm

Different address; that's really all that's necessary, not all the bluster about "car guys" and deploying the local constabulary to defeat an illusory attack.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » December 3rd, 2011, 2:46 pm

I'm curious, darrin. How did you find out about this site and these posts?

SteveP

Postby SteveP » December 3rd, 2011, 3:02 pm

If you Google his address, it comes back to this thread. I think all he's asking is to have my post removed that had Moyer's old address. Eventually it will purge itself from Google. Simple.

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 6th, 2011, 8:28 pm

I had heard some talk around town about people coming around looking for "the magic guy", and not looking for him in the positive sort of way. Then the police showed up and I simply did a google search where I found this site and a BUNCH of ripoff report posts.

The above poster has the idea. Yank the address and it will go away from searches.

I mean, he has given out his new business address and phone number on his site now. There is still a "tour" on their site and several pics that were obviously taken at the shop that I currently rent.

Police told me not to worry because they are literally seconds away. They are watching the place closely and it's practically across the street from them. The fire department is actually directly across the street and they are keeping an eye out as well. So far the people in Bargersville have been great in every interaction I have had with them. Combine all that with the security cameras and I think things are secure on my end. I feel much better after the initial panic attack. LOL

Getting that address out of the search engines is the next task and what I am after here.

Thanks much guys!

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”