Bad experience with Snapillusions

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Jonathan Townsend

Re: Bad experience with Snapillusions

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 6th, 2011, 8:31 pm

A simple note to one of the mods would have managed the "kindly delete my address off the scary fraud thread on your nice nice magic site" issue.

Really,

Not Gertrude

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 7th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Thats great, but this is the internet and it won't clear out of the cached pages for a lONG time to have the info simply removed. Knowing that this will all still show up in cached pages, it also stands to reason that a rebuttal from me is going to show up there as well now if someone searches.

I also already noted that I tried to PM those who I thought might be able to address the issue before I posted and found that they are not accepting PM's

Thus the posts :)

Richard Erb

Postby Richard Erb » December 8th, 2011, 7:44 am

Dear Darrin,
Thank you for the information.
People may use the internet to warn others that Snap Illusions is cheating customers, but really visiting Snap Illusions to use any kind of violence is a very different kind of activity, which I would not really expect.
Doing something illegal or stupid would make Jack Moyer the victim of bad people and so reverse the situation completelly.
We are victims of the bad Jack Moyer!
I will make sure that at least from my side the old address is no longer published and others are informed that Snap Illusions is not longer there but a car company which has nothing to do with Snap Illusions.
Best regards from Germany
Richard Erb

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 9th, 2011, 8:46 am

See, part of my concern is that when I found out about all of this stuff that allegedly went on at the address I am now the renter of, I had a little looking into done and discovered that there was an altercation with threats that took place at the home of the person in question here in August of this year where the police were called. I don't want or need any of that garbage. It WILL stay away from my shop.

I used to do work on local, state and federal vehicles. In doing that, I made a few friends that are very worthwhile to have. Particularly when it comes to situations like this ;)

So, a couple of things...

Thanks much to whoever took the address out of this thread. It's much appreciated.

Next, my situation definitely shouldn't be misconstrued to be used as an attack on anyone. I haven't been in fear for my life at any point. Those who actually know me would know how laughable that is. I am not at all worried for my own personal safety.

When I said that I had a fear that something might happen, the word fear didn't mean that I was afraid. It meant that I feared the consequences. It might have been better to have said that I don't want anybody to get hurt and I don't want any property getting damaged.

Dany Baronian

Postby Dany Baronian » January 11th, 2012, 12:58 pm

wow...it's been a while since I posted on here and looks like things haven't changed with Snap at all.
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.

Oddly Bent

Postby Oddly Bent » February 12th, 2012, 9:26 pm

If you post the address into the google search bar a page will come up with a map and all of the businesses currently at that address. Snap illusions is still there.

1350 West Southport Road
Indianapolis, IN

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 12th, 2012, 10:21 pm

Oddly, old information sometimes lingers on internet maps for a long time. It's easy enough to check out, though. Just drive over there and knock on the door.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Oddly Bent

Postby Oddly Bent » February 13th, 2012, 9:32 pm

Yes, I know about old information and I had no business chiming in on something I know nothing about. But, the Southport address rang a bell and brought back some good memories. My grandmother lived a cupola miles from there on S. Randolph St. When I visited Indianapols in the summer time I use to hang out at Abbotts magic shop on the Circle, downtown Indianapolis. Duke Stern was the mgr. of the shop and he gave me a thimble book he had written, autographed no less. This was impressive to a kid just starting out in magic and I never forgot that. The bus from downtown back to grannys house was the Beech Grove, Southport bus. This was the good old days and it brought a tear to the eye of this old man.

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » April 13th, 2012, 4:55 am

hey guys !

here is a mail I just received from Snap ! Not good for our money...

here is the link :
letter from snap

IMPORTANT CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION FORM:
Effective April 11, 2012

In recent months Snap Illusions production schedule has become increasingly slow. Several factors have caused this effect. Our company began with a large number of customer orders, in fact, we were at one time shipping illusions out daily.

When the economy began to slow, we were not at first noticing any effect in our business, however, that rapidly changed within a 3 month period.

This rapid change in business, coupled with the fact that we reduced our building staff from eight people to two people, and made a few size cuts in our manufacturing facilities, caused huge gaps in our being able to produce orders very rapidly.

As you know, when things slow down, the rumor mills and the cyber bully's start. This obviously does not help business either. The problem with rumors are they are not only hurting the business it is directed toward, it also hurts the customers as well.

That being said, we are restructuring our company to only sell in stock merchandise. We would like to thank the many customers that have supported us through the years and appreciate the patience of our current customers. It is our goal to resolve all of our customer service issues.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » April 13th, 2012, 6:10 am

rumour mills lol

he's a filthy scammer and now everyone knows

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”