Building Illusions

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Damian Odess-Gillett

Building Illusions

Postby Damian Odess-Gillett » April 10th, 2010, 12:26 pm

Hi All,

I'm interested in books (or other teaching resources) that instruct in the building of illusions. I have been performing platform magic for about 5 years, but my interest in complicated apparatus has been mild at best; I have only a scant knowledge of how most stage illusions work. However, a good friend of mine, and an accomplished builder, is keen to build an illusion with me, and I'm thinking it would be a good challenge.

One illusion in particular that has captured my interest is that of a floating assistant, whereby the magician stands or kneels before a young lady. I've seen this performed outdoors--it has an "impromtu" feel to it. Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of what books and manuals to begin researching?

Many thanks,
Damian

Doc

Re: Building Illusions

Postby Doc » April 10th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Check your private messages.

james graham

Re: Building Illusions

Postby james graham » May 5th, 2010, 12:31 pm

I too would be interested in building apparatus. I saw "metamorphosis" performed by some youths in a statewide competition. and had opportunity for them to show me the box apparatus. as a cabinet builder and with skills in plastics and metal work I think it might be rewarding. (check my homepage to see some of my work)

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”