Tricked jacket

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Angel Simal

Tricked jacket

Postby Angel Simal » March 10th, 2010, 6:27 am

Good morning fellows

I am having a new jacket tailored made for my new stage show and I was thinking about adding some "special things" on it. does anyone know about any book/article talking about this stuff?

do you have any suggestions?? special pockets for loads??

thanks!

mrgoat

Re: Tricked jacket

Postby mrgoat » March 10th, 2010, 7:56 am

What a great question. A tweaked out gaffed jacket...

Eyelets for ITR, magnets sewn in places for producing/ditching and or PK, holdout, toppit, crazy pulls going into a hole in the armpit or something.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » March 10th, 2010, 9:36 am

From the billiard sleeves described in Downs' book to Ammar's Topit - all fine after one has specific application and the time to dedicate to learning to use such appliances and then to have them installed in the best possible configuration to suit your needs.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » March 10th, 2010, 9:43 am

Angel Simal wrote:Good morning fellows

I am having a new jacket tailored made for my new stage show and I was thinking about adding some "special things" on it. does anyone know about any book/article talking about this stuff?

do you have any suggestions?? special pockets for loads??

thanks!

What needs do you have? Why do you want to add "special things", and how will they contribute to your show?

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Angel Simal

Postby Angel Simal » March 11th, 2010, 3:20 am

So far my only need has been the jacket itself, but then I realised that I could include some things for future needs.

All my life I have been playing with safety pins to hold silks, cards, canes...etc, under my jacket and with this question I just wanted to enquiry if anyone happened to fix something special in his jacket. That's all, I have been googling through a lot of magic forums and I found nothing about it, and I thought it was a good idea to open a new thread about this (btw I am a newbie in this forum and it is the only place where I posted it ;-) )

Maybe this could be a good theme to talk about in one of Genii's column sometime.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » March 11th, 2010, 9:56 am

How can you know what your future needs would be?

Angel Simal

Postby Angel Simal » March 11th, 2010, 10:41 am

Mentalism?? I don't know I was just asking for general ideas, I don't really need any special use right now.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » March 11th, 2010, 12:57 pm

Of all the things that would be worth your attention, IMHO just getting a jacket that fits properly and at the neck and shoulders etc is a better place to start than putting trick stuff where it will get in the way later.

If you want to make friends with your tailor - ask about drape and proper fit at the shoulders, sleeve length etc and listen to what they say. Once you have them on your side, they will be more helpful when it comes time to put in special pockets, tubes, magnets etc (again- later for that stuff) IMHO.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”