Aldini Bowl Production

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Ray

Aldini Bowl Production

Postby Ray » May 8th, 2009, 8:34 pm

I have an Aldini Bowl production I bought at auction a couple of years ago. I think I have an idea of how to perform it, but any ideas/videos/instructions someone can recommend? I believe this is the Mak Magic Version

Ray Wickham
Ring 199
Raleigh, NC

Spellbinder

Re: Aldini Bowl Production

Postby Spellbinder » May 9th, 2009, 8:55 am

It is a Howard Westgate Bowl Production that Aldini improved upon by doing away with the need for an assistant. The small tray on legs starts on your table. It and the bowl are covered by a cloth and the box-like thingee is placed on top. Lift the tray by the edge and smooth out the cloth before lifting the box-like thingee and showing it empty. Place the box-like thingee on the cloth covered tray and set it down on the table again, still holding it by the edge. Reach into the center of the box-like thingee and pull the cloth up and through, further showing the thingee to be empty. In most versions it is possible to now reach into the box-like thingee and produce silks and streamers. Finally remove the box-like thingee and reveal the bowl of water and goldfish. The effect looks lame if you leave out the goldfish and only have a bowl of water, but if you must leave out the goldfish, add a couple of drops of food coloring to the water so it can be seen as liquid. I trust this is completely obscure to those who don't have the props in front of them.
Last edited by Spellbinder on May 9th, 2009, 8:57 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Typos
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 10th, 2009, 2:55 am

Box like Thingee? I pefer to call mine a lamp shade.
Stay tooned.

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » May 10th, 2009, 4:12 am

I've tried wearing it on my head at parties and it is not as satisfying as wearing a real lamp shade.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”