Coin In The Bottle

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Coin In The Bottle

Postby Guest » February 20th, 2002, 1:13 am

The edge where the band goes on my coin in bottle has bent in slightly. How can I bend it out?

Pete Biro

Re: Coin In The Bottle

Postby Pete Biro » February 20th, 2002, 9:06 am

I used a pocket knife to fix mine ;)
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » February 20th, 2002, 2:31 pm

Where can I buy replacement bands?

Thanks,
NH

Postby Guest » February 20th, 2002, 3:44 pm

You can get them from an orthodontist - they are the same bands used in braces.

You can also just buy a little packet of them at most magic dealers. They are very cheap and not worth ordering by themselves probably - just remember to add them to your next magic purchase.

Postby Guest » February 20th, 2002, 5:10 pm

Make sure you get the right size bands for your coin!

I use Sean Taylor's opening for my routine but finish it with their cool self devised bit.

I push the coin through the bottom of the bottle and then say that it can't come out the neck and shake it upside down. Lodging the coin. I then place the duplicate coin on the side of the bottle and slide it along the side until it is on the bottom at the same time taking out the folded coin. By holding the coin loosley on the bottom and by the bottom by the neck and shaking, it makes the sound illusion the coin is still in the bottom. I then ask the spectator to try. The pick up the bottle from my hand, shake it and coin is no longer there but on my out streched hand.

The routine works well because the heat is always off the moves.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » February 20th, 2002, 5:16 pm

In an emergency you can use a regular rhin rubber band by cutting it so it is one long strand. Wrap it around the coin a couple of times (in the grove). It will self-lock where it overlaps, then cut away the surplus.

BTW the real ones are called Dental Ligatures. :D
Stay tooned.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”