If you had to show ONE card trick what would it be???

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Harry Lorayne

Re: If you had to show ONE card trick what would it be???

Postby Harry Lorayne » July 23rd, 2008, 11:19 am

Benzais's Card Through Table is in the C-UCM section of LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Vol. 1. HL

Ricky Difeo

Postby Ricky Difeo » July 24th, 2008, 10:32 am

Hi!

For me one litle routine, spectator cut the aces, twisting the aces and The last trick of Dr.Daley.
For after cup coffed dinner, the sand of Tutankamon from the book Close Up Impact of Ken Krenzel, is wonderfull.-

Ricardo Difeo

CardioloJest

Postby CardioloJest » July 24th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Harry,

What's the name of that incredible routine done in total darkness, you included in one of your books. As I recall, it involves some 'deck-under-the-table' hocus pocus. In case you don't remember [that's a joke, Son] one of the gimmicks was a 'dry' marking pen. I have used this routine--it's a killer!
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

retepnap

Postby retepnap » August 17th, 2008, 12:32 pm

the "invisible palm switch" that was featured in genii a few months ago by Jack Parker i think, he passed away from cancer, i have been doing that trick a lot as of lately as well as his "oddservation/detour" trick...but i like the "invisible palm switch" the best, i have added some slight alterations to it which add to the effect and while possibly not improving the effect, make it work a bit better for my performing style and makes the trick look a bit cleaner.

David Thomas

Postby David Thomas » August 19th, 2008, 1:17 am

Just for s pretty short trick if someone just asks me to show them a trick I would show outstanding triumph or elmsley's twisting the aces

magicbar

Postby magicbar » August 19th, 2008, 12:15 pm

It may depend on how much time I have to perform it. A Psychological Stop effect usually fits the bill. Many of the above are good ones too. There is a big diff between if you had to learn just one versus having to show just one.

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » August 20th, 2008, 12:39 am

A piano trick if use someone's well worn cards. Yes, it's a classic but too good to see their eyes popped out!
Last edited by Richard Perrin on August 20th, 2008, 12:45 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: huh? what? oh, no reason to edit!

Bill Evans

Postby Bill Evans » August 21st, 2008, 11:35 am

Richard Perrin wrote:A piano trick if use someone's well worn cards. Yes, it's a classic but too good to see their eyes popped out!

Funny you should mention this as the one trick you would do. I was at Tom Mullica's house celebrating his birthday Tuesday night when he did this effect for a lay couple at the dinner table. You wouldn't believe how much he got out of this. He made this trick an event. Yes, their eyes popped out! And yes, it was the only trick he did. I now have a whole new appreciation for this effect.

It's the driver, not the truck.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » August 21st, 2008, 11:44 am

I like the trick with the pencil :)
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

cardstuntman

Postby cardstuntman » September 26th, 2008, 11:43 pm

If I was only doing one and there was a small crowd, I would try and get as many folks to help as I could. No Mercy seems to be a stunner for me. It never fails to impress. Leaves folks speechless and feeling like they really saw some magic. I usually use it as a closer in one of my card routines.

the trick I tend to do more often than not for one or two people is my own and it's really based on a move and patter more than anything. I use Aaron Fishers one hand pop out and patter about doing the effect the easy way or the hard way. no matter which they choose we are heading to the same method and ending.

NicholasD

Postby NicholasD » September 27th, 2008, 11:06 am

For me, it's Jumping Gemini. Certainly it stuns non-magicians. And , I find that many magicians are impressed, especially those who don't know it or perform it.

Also, it was hard to decide between Jumping Gemini and Quick D-Way.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”