Henry Christ's Four Ace trick

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Henry Christ's Four Ace trick

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2002, 8:17 am

Ok, the subject to this post may be a misnomer. I'm looking for information about a routine performed on a UK magic show called "Secrets". Something tells me it was performed by Michael Vincent but I couldn`t be sure.

It seemed to be a Christ four ace location type of effect, but using the queens and to the patter of a blind date, the personalities of the queens etc.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has it appeared in print? As I recall it was a charming routine with an excellent transformation at the end using the through the fist flourish.

Any info. appreciated!

Philippe Noël

Re: Henry Christ's Four Ace trick

Postby Philippe Noël » April 19th, 2002, 2:11 pm

The trick you are refering to is called "The many faces of a lady". It is Michael Vincent's interpretation of Collins'aces combined with Christ's aces, done with queens. I think you can find his routine in his booklet:"Close-up Classics".

Philippe Nol

Simon Aronson

Postby Simon Aronson » April 19th, 2002, 8:07 pm

Michael Vincent's signature routine "The Many Faces of A Woman" is actually his combination of two of my routines, both from The Aronson Approach (1990). One is my "Active Aces," which is my effort at combining the Collins Vanish with a Henry Christ reproduction of the Aces. The other is my "Under Her Spell," which is a four Queen effect, with a humorous patter focusing on the four different types of women under who's "spell" you might fall. Michael acknowledges his inspiration and starting point in my two routines, and he's certainly added much to individualize them and make them his own. Michael's routine appears on his 1996 videotape, made by Ron McMillan, and as Phillipe mentions, is also in Michael's 1997 lecture notes "Close-Up Classics". Michael is currently working on a book of his routines, so you may be able to find his full routine there shortly.

Postby Guest » April 20th, 2002, 11:08 am

I highly recommend Michael's videotape "The sleight of hand artistry of Michael Vincent" which showcases card magic at its best. Not only does it feature his "The many faces of a woman", but it also demonstrates his attention to detail. The end result is a highly polished portion of astonishment for his audience, which leaves them wanting more. A great performer, and a nice guy.

best,

Graham Nichols.

Philippe Noël

Postby Philippe Noël » April 20th, 2002, 12:52 pm

Who sell this tape?
Who made the tape?

Philippe Nol

Postby Guest » April 20th, 2002, 1:39 pm

Originally posted by Philippe Nol:
Who sell this tape?
Who made the tape?

Philippe Nol
Philippe,

The tape is produced and sold by Michael Vincent. You can contact him yourself on michaelvincent@magicofmagic.com where I'm sure he will be able to help you.

kind regards,

Graham Nichols.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”