"Kick"ing them when they're down

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Re: "Kick"ing them when they're down

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2002, 8:24 pm

Originally posted by Andrew J. Pinard:
I agree with Whit, kickers are most frequently used (and abused) to extend a routine
Andrew, how would you approach the built in color change of the deck that Color Triumphant affords the performer? The color change itself is clearly a seperate effect and a non-sequitor to the triumph effect. How would you go about maximizing the magical returns from this clever routine?

Whoops, not everyone does this trick. Just in case, how about getting maximum impact from large ball/fruit/? loads from a chop cup routine or cups and balls? The difference with CT is that the entire routine is designed to hide the odd backed deck the whole time, so you have one heck of a revelation when ready. The topic of discourse is how to make this most magical. jt :)

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2002, 9:50 pm

Originally posted by Whit Haydn:
I think there is some confusion about the difference between a multiple climax and a kicker.
Whit, Nathan et al. maybe we can take the topic of dramatic techinque up to the main threads? :) -jt

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2002, 9:52 pm

What main threads?

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2002, 9:56 pm

Originally posted by Whit Haydn:
What main threads?
here is the link to the thread i started. http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 1;t=000765 :)

Return to “Close-Up Magic”