Marlo videos

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
El Mystico

Marlo videos

Postby El Mystico » September 14th, 2003, 1:08 am

There are a lot of Marlo videos out there - any recommendations from anyone as to which are the best to get?

- I'm anticipating many will say - start with the books - but I've already got a lot of those! It's the man at his best that I'm interested in seeing...

jimmycards

Re: Marlo videos

Postby jimmycards » September 15th, 2003, 8:36 am

Dom,

If just seeing the man perform is good enough, then any video is ok. Remember, the videos put out lately are not instructional or teaching video's. For example, the Seconds, Centers, Bottoms video is good and you get to see some techniques but they are not taught or expanded on to actually instruct one how to do it.

Jim Molinari
Jim Molinari
www.jimmycards.com

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » September 15th, 2003, 9:04 am

I'm unashamedly biased, but if you want to SEE Marlo in his prime (circa 1972), watch PRIME-TIME MARLO. I transferred 8mm film I shot to video, adding a soundtrack and narration. Some dealers still carry this, although I never particularly touted it since it is a tribute video, not an instructional one.

Onward,

JR

Glen Guldbeck

Postby Glen Guldbeck » September 15th, 2003, 11:54 am

Mr. Racherbaumer,

I just purchased Prime Time Marlo at Aladdin Books in CA last Thursday. Watched it yesterday for the first time. What a great tape. Plan on watching it this evening as well. Thank you for a wonderful record of such an icon.

Glen

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » September 15th, 2003, 1:24 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback, Glen. Although I'm chary of log-rolling, I DO plan to convert this tape (like everyone else seems to be doing) to a DVD format. If I do, I'll add Deleted Scenes and other Special Features. I'm not much for advertising; however, check the various discussion boards or my Website.

Thanks, again...

www.JonRacherbaumer.com

Glen Guldbeck

Postby Glen Guldbeck » September 15th, 2003, 1:58 pm

Mr. Racherbaumer,

I'll look forward to the DVD. Out of curiosity, the Prime Time Marlo video sleeve includes the "wrist turn pass". Is it indeed in the tape and I simply missed it? I love that pass and would enjoy seeing Marlo execute it(or not as is probably the case).

Thanks again,

Glen

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » September 15th, 2003, 10:01 pm

Marlo had several Wrist Turn Passes. The one on the video is when he taps the deck on his knee.
Review it.

JR

Return to “Close-Up Magic”