MacDonald's Aces

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

MacDonald's Aces

Postby Guest » September 27th, 2001, 11:36 am

I would love to hear some creative vanishes for MacDonald's Aces. I have just a couple of basic one's.
1) I use the Olram Subtlety to show the backs, as I lay down the first two cards.
2) I do an Elmsley Count, and have the card change that way
3) I do the most basic "look, the ace is gone", and just set the cards down while only flashing a couple of backs.
4) I use the brush that Michael Ammar demonstrates in his card miracles video.

I look forward to some creative stuff from you guys! :rolleyes:

Jon Racherbaumer

Re: MacDonald's Aces

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » September 27th, 2001, 11:57 am

With the exception of allusions to the Chris Kenner version ("Grandfather's Ace Trick")made famous by Copperfield, nobody has discussed OTHER ways to somehow make a Four-Ace Assembly (regardless of how strong its method may be)MEANINGFUL and RELEVANT to lay people. People can relate to "grandfathers" and "stories" about them and what memorable things they did or taught us. This is the "heart" of the trick. The fact that the disappearance and reappearance of the Aces is VISUALLY POWERFUL are simply bonus points.

The four-phase Final Aces (Hamman)is tough to beat; however, most magicians perform it in a straight-forward manner, permitting the brute forcefulness of the M.O. to carry the day.

Re: MacDonald's Aces

Postby Guest » September 28th, 2001, 10:41 am

I just noticed that there is another thread for this same question, already on the forum. Sorry for my redundancy. :D

Return to “Close-Up Magic”