Erdnase top and bottom blind riffle shuffle

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Nathan

Erdnase top and bottom blind riffle shuffle

Postby Nathan » February 9th, 2003, 11:15 pm

This may be a bit pedantic, but it is strange to me that Erdnase recommends a difference in finger placement between the top and bottom blind riffle shuffle considering Erdnase's emphasis on uniformity of action.

To me, the context of the explantion indicates that Erdnase felt that a difference in finger placement was the best way to go, although he admits that the bottom stock shuffle could be done with the same handling as the top stock shuffle.

Does anyone know why Erdnase recommends different handling? Is there something more subtle at work here than just offering a variety of different possibilities?

Re: Erdnase top and bottom blind riffle shuffle

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2003, 12:14 pm

In a similar vein, the introduction to the Erdnase book points out a few inconsitencies in the text (as far as techniques go). Could it be that Erdnase didn't want to tip all of his techniques?

Re: Erdnase top and bottom blind riffle shuffle

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2003, 12:52 pm

This is a guess but from the little that I know about card cheats and cheating I know that often times the cheat will use a specific set of moves. This could mean that a cheat would be choosing between a a system in which a top stock control is used or a bottom stock.
Just a guess

Noah Levine

Return to “Close-Up Magic”