Eyes of Gods by John Hamiltom

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Leo Jr

Eyes of Gods by John Hamiltom

Postby Leo Jr » October 13th, 2017, 1:02 pm

Saw this on Micheal Maxwells Incredible Self Working Magic DVD .He credits Hamilton and with some research I found it to be from Pallbearers Review OOP. Aldo Colombini and John Racherbaumber have versions of it.
I tried to do this as Mr.Maxwell describes and some times I get two or three matches.So if anyone knows this trick did Mr. Maxwell leave anything out of his explanation or I'm i missing some thing. If I got it right you give each spectator 26 cards they shuffle and look at bottom card and count that many cards from the top of their pile to the table then looks at the top card of the tabled pile then spectator 1 puts the deck in hand on top of spectator 2 tabled pile and spectator 2 puts deck in hand on top of spectators 1 pile then spectator 1 places their pile on top of spectator 2 pile.From there you go into reveal.

Max Maven

Re: Eyes of Gods by John Hamiltom

Postby Max Maven » October 13th, 2017, 7:58 pm

I have not seen the Maxwell video, so I can’t comment on the quality of instruction.

While Hamilton’s “Eyes of the Gods” was republished in Pallbearers Review in 1970, it was originally released as a stand-alone manuscript in 1948.

Leo Jr

Postby Leo Jr » October 13th, 2017, 10:34 pm

Thank you Mr. Maven I found a copy of Pallbearers Review at Denny and Lees however the price is $900.00 I think Max Holden put it out in 1948. Thanks for reminding me I'll see if I have any luck searching under his name.My best guess is Mr. Maxwell got luck on the DVD and forgot to mention you may have to fish for the card.

Thanks Again.

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » October 14th, 2017, 5:50 am

See also The Australian Deal by John P. Hamilton in The Phoenix no 227, April 20, 1951.

Leo Jr

Postby Leo Jr » October 14th, 2017, 1:35 pm

Thank you all for replying I found my answer it can have more then one match. However all was not lost found a lot of old ideas and tricks that I like in going over the old classics like The Jinx,The Phoenix and the Genii Magazine.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”