Pocket indexes

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Pocket indexes

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2003, 2:26 pm

I just started working with a pocket index, and was astounded at the strong reaction it garners. Now I'm quite interested in getting more information on these great tool.

I've read all that Corinda has to say on the subject, and didn't get the bang that I wanted. I'll be moving onto Anneman this week. Are there any other worthy sources?

Also, a little bird told me that Geno Munari will be releasing some great new work on indices soon. Geno, if you're listening, is this true?

Pete Biro

Re: Pocket indexes

Postby Pete Biro » March 4th, 2003, 4:55 pm

Geno has the "real work" having (by a fluke accident) gotten Jimmy Grippo's indexes.

(He bought a jacket in a thrift shop and it had belonged to Grippo)!

I think Charlie Miller had one on the market that was considered very good.

If you eliminate one color and maybe on suit you can do it pretty fast without gaffes, just by the way you place the cards in your pockets.
Stay tooned.

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » March 6th, 2003, 9:56 am

According to his Black Envelope DVD, Bob Kohler will soon be releasing his index...incidentally there is one wonderful routine on that DVD using an index...

best,
nate.

Steve Ehlers

Postby Steve Ehlers » March 14th, 2003, 7:29 pm

Charlie Miller also put out a phamplet on the index. You may want to check that out.

Steve

Postby Guest » March 14th, 2003, 9:12 pm

Have always been absolutely intrigued by Indexes (Indices??) Just found my first from years ago by Adams, still loaded. In ANNEMANN found Orville Meyer's pill billet index, looked up the "fastest index in the world" in a book whose author just passed away. All in all, never could feel comfortable with them. Now, all this exciting news about Grippo's and Gene releasing it.
Been away for 3 months and just re-entered the Forum; an incredible wealth of information of all sorts. It is astounding!
MartinJ (Kaplan)

Return to “Close-Up Magic”