Coin Purses

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Coin Purses

Postby Guest » October 13th, 2003, 5:43 am

I'm looking for obviously, a coin purse. I've been searching for about half an hour for a suitable one but haven't found anything.

I want one with a secret compartment, for a routine I'm working on, so if anyone has pointers I'll be glad to hear them.

Damien.

dwmagic

Re: Coin Purses

Postby dwmagic » October 13th, 2003, 8:08 am

Perhaps Ton 's Himber coin purses from Stevens. LAst I looked anyway.
DAmon

Rob Signs

Postby Rob Signs » October 13th, 2003, 11:31 am

Try contacting Scott Hollingsworth in Houston, Texas. His website is www.themagicedge.com. You probably won't find it listed there, but at one time he carried a coin purse for Copper-Silver-Brass that had a special pocket in the purse for the gaff.

Postby Guest » October 14th, 2003, 11:06 am

Originally posted by Rob Signs:
Try contacting Scott Hollingsworth in Houston, Texas. His website is www.themagicedge.com. You probably won't find it listed there, but at one time he carried a coin purse for Copper-Silver-Brass that had a special pocket in the purse for the gaff.
I'm following that up Rob thanks, Copper Silver Brass is actually the routine I want to use the purse for. Funny that
:whack:

Postby Guest » October 16th, 2003, 7:05 pm

My first posting....

Hi Damien,

Several years ago, Larry Becker was selling a coin purse that had a "secret" compartment on one of the sides of the purse. He used it mainly for mentalism effects, but it could easily be used in a silver/copper routine. I don't know if he has a web site, but if he does, I suggest taking a look at it.

Fraser

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » November 16th, 2003, 6:11 am

I sell Italian leather coin purses, the size of the old Goshman vinyl purses, and some smaller "cigar style" leather purses as well. The bigger ones have a tag inside them, that I have used to my advantage to separate coins within the purse. E mail me if interested, to rubinsteindvm@aol.com .

Return to “Close-Up Magic”